5: Ignore Him, He's Drunk.

Start from the beginning

"What are you doing!?"

"Getting undressed." He said like it was no big deal. "You don't expect me to go to sleep in Armani, do you?" He asked but I could tell his question was rhetorical.

"You could've at least warned me before you started stripping down. I don't need images of your nude self in my mind." I felt flustered as the words left my mouth. The thought of Derrek nude—No! I should not have been thinking about such things.

"You shouldn't have walked into my room if you didn't want to see me nude." Just as he said so, I heard a zipping sound and I was so sure that was the sound of Derrek unzipping his trousers.

I needed to get out of here.

"G-Good night." I mumbled before turning around and walking out of his room.

"Sweet dreams!" Derrek called, chuckling right after and I scoffed. He was making fun of me now.

*

After almost an hour of forcing myself to fall asleep, I finally did.

I was so bothered with everything. With my friends, with my rivals and with my family.

I was lying to everyone I cared about and even those I hated. I felt so dirty. I felt so despicable and disgusting. I felt like a lying piece of shit and I hated feeling that way.

My mom had been so happy, Chioma had been so jealous. That was all I'd ever wanted but I couldn't feel happiness cause this wasn't even real. I wasn't really engaged and I was scared I might've never pulled this off.

In movies, they always got caught.

What was I going to do if I got caught?

It would've been too humiliating for me, for my family.

I wished I could take it all back and just face the fact that my life sucked. I wished I had never lied to everyone but I already had. I couldn't back out now.

My eyes snapped open the moment I heard a loud thud. A clatter followed a few seconds later.

"Shit!" A masculine voice swore and my heart jumped. That voice sounded nothing like Derrek's voice.

Was there a thief in the apartment?

My eyes widened at the thought and I carefully got out of my bed, tiptoeing to the door.

I hadn't locked the door when I came in. If it really was a thief, he could've gotten in here and who knew if he was armed.

Slowly and gently, I turned the key in an attempt to lock the door without making any sound but that was impossible to accomplish as the sound of the lock echoed loudly breaking the recent silence.

"Derrek, is that you?" The voice called and my eyebrows furrowed, confused.

He had known Derrek, so he probably wasn't a thief but if he wasn't why did it sound like he was creeping around and knocked something over?

"JESUS!!!" I heard the same voice scream and my heart pounded in my chest.

What was going on?

I stepped away from the door, ready to hide in case something went wrong but just as I was about to enter the bathroom, I heard Derrek's voice.

"Luke, what in the bleeding hell!?"

"Sorry, Dee. I just needed a place to crash." The voice which I assumed belonged to this Luke person spoke up. His words sounded slurred like he was drunk maybe.