11 | Waves After Waves

ᴸᴬᵁᴿᴱᴺ
_

My fucking heart hurts.

"Christmas is around the corner," the green-eyed man announces with a touch of excitement; tipping over to the living room with a bottle of champagne. "...I think we should, you know...decorate at least." He chug back his drink, grinning at the familiar yet, unfamiliar taste.

For some reason it taste...richer. Though, if I am being honest, Christmas has some time to present itself.

Halloween is only weeks away, and so is Thanksgiving.

I scoff, sensing that buzz; buzzing up, "This is a big place, Harry. Christmas will be over by the time we finish decorating." He found that funny...

Hilarious, even.

"Yeah, you're probably right," he agrees as I observed my reflection in the crystal wine glass. His voice melts in the background the more I peer into the glass. Tears showed their way in my eyes; I saw firsthand my vision gets unclear–and that's exactly how I feel. I blink but it gave me mercy by not falling over. The only thing I am clear of is...I miss her. So freaking much.

I miss her springtime brown eyes, her curly long hair, her luscious lips, and her soft and gentle hands. Is this lust? Or is it love that I am feeling? I don't know, and right now, I don't care.

I am an idiot when I'm tipsy...

"Uh, yeah, Harry, sounds like a plan," I chimed in, not really trying to be rude; but surely, that's how it came off. I'm sure he couldn't tell. He's very, very tipsy. "I'll be right back, okay? I just have to use the restroom."

He checks my face out before saying, "Uh, okay. Are you alright?" I just nod and send him a slanted smile.

"Yeah, I'm just on my period. Cramps, so." I stood up, heading around the corner of the couch. He says: cool, as a quiet response, not really knowing what to say to that. Good–no...great. I nearly tumble over my feet in to the bathroom, as I flick the lights on. I push myself off the door frame, executing a deep sigh.

I whip out my phone from my back pocket; my hands felt a certain surge. My heart is in my ears. The nerves is taking a quick swim through my body. I want to tell her off, but I did that yesterday evening. I'm sure she's keeping track of my behavior. And so far, it hasn't been the greatest. I'm horny, I'm distressed.

I miss her...

I stalked back to the living room; leaving my phone in the bathroom behind. I saw the brown-haired guy tip back his head for another drink as I grab my coat. He heard the ruckus and twist his head back at me. "Hey, where ever you are going," his words slurs a bit, and I pause on rushing towards the door, "Be safe."

I took him in for a moment, then blink, "Yeah, uh, I'll try Harry. Goodnight." I bid him, then thrust out the door; meeting a newer and cleaner corridor. I stare at the other door in front of me. I need to be sure that I would want to do this. Of course you are Lauren. Besides, handsome guy in there had already locked the door, the devil on my left shoulder says. Tell her off!

No, you've already done that. Don't make her more mad than before, the sweet voice reasoned. "Am I really that mess up?" I questioned myself with scowl on my face.