"We are not better then them! We don't decide how they have live their lives; we should be the ones to protect them, so that they can live their lives the way they want to." Kara countered, showing that she wasn't going to back down on her principles.

The General felt only raged at Kara's stubbornness, "But you can have anything you want! Power! Fame! Respect! ... Barry."

That last example she whispered, but Kara heard it clearly.

"How do-?" Kara questioned, but was interrupted.

"Look around! Look at them all run in fear. Cowards! None of them deserve to be free!" The General's eyes began to glow blue, Kara saw what she was going to do and began to charge up her own heat vision. "None of them deserve our protection!"

At the same time the two Kryptonian launched their heat vision at each other. The two beams collide in the center, neither beam seemed to be moving in either direction.

"Give it up! I've beat you before." Kara yelled refusing to move her place.

"Yes. But this time will be different. This time you'll see me at my full strength!" The General hollered back. And with that statement she took a deep breath, took a step forward, and unleashed her full power.

Her heat vision beams turned from light blue to dark red and pushed against Kara's without even a struggle.

"Ugh!" Kara yelled as she struggled to keep her beams stable. The General's heat vision reached Kara's face dragged her backwards. She was dragged all the way to the building behind her.

After the General stopped Kara fell to the ground. Her eyes burned and were shut from the heat vision to the eyes. She wiped them, trying desperately to get her vision back. After struggling for a while she was finally able to see, but she wished she didn't. The only thing she was able to see was the General's fist come towards her line of sight. Kara was sent upward into the sky.

As she got to the peak of her flight up ward she was met by the General, "Pathetic!", she announced to her, but was loud enough to for all the citizens in the city to hear.

The General then charged up another heat vision and blasted Kara down to the city. The beams carried Kara through multiple buildings till she crashed landed in a public park.

Kara was now really struggling to get up. She would try to lift herself up but would fall soon after. She grabbed her stomach in agony. Looking down she noticed that her suit was compromised; there was now a hole where the General had delivered a heat vision to. Her skin was another story. The place where the General had blasted her, left her with extremely terrifying burn marks. A normal person would have disintegrated from her attack, but luckily her Kryptonian skin was able to withstand her attack, but that didn't stop it from leaving her with third degree burn marks.

The General landed in Kara's location soon after and walked slowly over to Kara, enjoying the sight of Kara struggling. "This is sad. This is suppose to be Earth's finest hero."

Kara rolled over; gasping for air while holding her stomach.

"Oh that looks bad. You should put some ice on that." The General said with an evil smirk. The General then inhaled a large amount of air and exhaled it using her freeze breath, but this attack was on another level from Kara's. The attack was an even brighter blue and the radius of the blast was twice as large.

"Agh!" Kara yelled in utter pain. She had never experience such pain before; it was unexplainable. She lost all feeling to her body and was unable move, all she could do was scream at the burning sensation she felt on her entire body.

After the General ran out of air she stood there; enjoying the sight of a beaten Supergirl frozen to the ground. She turned her head and noticed that in the center of the park there was a statue. It was a bronze Supergirl. She walked over to it and read the caption.

This Statue is dedicated to National City's own Girl of Steel: Supergirl

"Supergirl! What's so 'super' about you? You're nothing. You could have been something, but you lack the spine. You don't have the right determination!" With her last statement she unleashed her heat vision and melted the statue. She then walked back to Supergirl, grabbed her by the neck, and broke her out of the ice.

She flew up into the air with Kara in her hand. Once she reached a high altitude she brought Kara up to her line of vision. She examined her body to look at all the injuries she had endured during their fight.

Kara's eyes were swollen with red burn marks surrounding them. Her arms and legs were stained with ice shards and most noticeable she had a large burn mark in the middle of her stomach.

The General then used her X-ray vision to examine her insides; which weren't any better. Kara has fractured her skull, lost three ribs, her heart beat was slow, and her left arm and left leg were broken.

"Supergirl?...Back on my Earth, you don't receive a title until you have proven your strength to the Reichsman. You know what I did to proven my strength?" The General asked and brought Kara even closer to her face and whispered into her ear, "I killed Superman."

"You... Agh!" Kara tried to talk back to her doppelganger, but was stopped by the pressure that the General placed on her neck.

"Though back on my Earth we called him Overman." The General continued, "He was the strongest being on the planet. Everyone feared him. He ruled with an iron fist. I was just as powerful as him, but no matter what I did I was always looked upon as his 'cousin'. It was insulting and irritating; I was never looked upon as my own individual. You understand."

Kara could only gag at her lack of air, but inside she completely understood what the General was talking about. It is the same feeling that she gets when anyone would refer to her as just 'Superman's cousin', or 'the girl version of Superman'.

"Anyway. I was sick and tired of it so I killed him. After killing him, people suddenly looked upon me as my own person. They respected me; they feared me. Then a young reported, I forget her name, Cat something decided to assigned me the title... Supergirl... I hated it, I loathed that name. It was pathetic; weak. You know what I did next?"

Kara remained the same; still gasping for air.

"I found this reporter; told her what my problem was, and melted her brain."

Kara couldn't believe what she was explaining to her. She killed her cousin and Cat Grant; two of most important and influential people in her life. She killed them just to gain respect; to assert her authority.

"I announce to the world that she was dead. As well as my new title. From that day on I was no longer branded as 'Supergirl'; I was to be addressed as 'Overgirl'." With that Overgirl clutched her free hand into a fist and jab Kara with powerful punch to the stomach.

"Agh!" Kara yelled in pain with tears in her eyes. For the first time in her life she was crying from pain. She felt so weak.

Overgirl saw the tears and got even more angry. She gave her three more punches to the stomach, "Your weak! Pathetic! An embarrassment to me!"

"Agh!" Kara continued to cry from the pain.

Below the citizens watched in shock as their hero was brought to tears. Most of the people had their phones out to record; others watched with tears in their eyes.

Overgirl saw this and turned Kara around so that the citizens could see their hero completely, "Look at you hero! Your protector! Reduced to tears!"

Kara could only lay there and see all people whose hearts she was breaking. She had no strength to fight. Could barely comprehend what was going on. She could do nothing... But there was one last thing that she had. Something that she could always rely on when she felt weak. So she grabbed onto the hand Overgirl had around her neck with both hands, and with the last bit of strength that she had, she pride Overgirl's hand open. She was able to loosen Overgirl's grip long enough for her to say one word, but it was all she needed. With the little time she had, she was able to release the one word that meant more to her than anything else in the entire universe,"Barry!!"