1- To The City (Old)

-third person POV-

(Y/N) sat nervously in the bus. She'd look around uncomfortably.

What was she doing? Not even she knew.

She clutched her bag, holding it close to her chest.
"Will they find me?" She thought to herself.
"...No. I'm going out of the city. Of course they won't..."

"Right...?"

She had to be honest to herself. Fleeing from insane parents was scary. No, she wasn't hurt too bad. Bruises here and there, but her parents were...strange. One day they would love her, the next they'd bash her with belts and empty wine bottles. She didn't understand. Was it her fault?

She rubbed her eyes, only to wince in pain.

Oh, right.

She'd completely forgotten about her bruised face. No wonder people stared at her with pitiful expressions.

She let out a soft sigh, and stared out the window. They were crossing through some fields. (Y/N) didn't really know her destination, other than the fact she was going to Peach City. Peach City was now known as the first city to welcome monsters with open arms. This made (Y/N) feel a little more comfortable, maybe people there wouldn't hit her, then love her, and hit her, it confused the poor girl. Yet, of course, neighboring cities and towns didn't fully agree, but they were convinced after meeting a few of the monsters. (Y/N) read somewhere that, after a human boy released the monsters, a goat woman tried to make peace with people. This worked, as she met up with the president of the city. They signed their treaty of peace and agreed to rules. (Y/N) was happy. When she was a child, her grandmother told stories of monsters. How grandmas first boyfriend was a monster. How they all got along.

That is, until war broke out.

But, now everything was changing.

(Y/N) was getting her own new start. Sure, she wasn't starting out the best. She really did only have a few things, like $200 she saved from working late nights at a small bakery, or the oversized (F/C) hoodie she wore over a (S/F/C) sweater. This goes along with her phone, charger, the few pairs of extra clothing, her earbuds, and of course her tiny companion, Milo, her kitten. Milo was a tuxedo cat, and had cute brown eyes. (Y/N) found him when she was on her way home from school, only to find the poor baby in a dirty bag, thrown to the side of the street. He protected her sometimes. She didn't understand how, but he could take some hits. He protected her when she was getting kicked. For instance, when he jumped in front of the boot (Y/N)'s father was using to pelt her side with, and got himself hurt. Now both of them have some trauma, but as long as they have each other they will be fine.

Milo slept in her bag, comfortably. (Y/N) giggled as he let out tiny snores. He was so cute. (Y/N) then again went back to looking out the window. She watched as they entered the City. She was amazed to see so many humans and monsters together. The bus came to a stop, and she hopped out. She ventured on, carrying Milo in her bag which was now placed to the side of her so she could still see everything that was of importance to her. Then, she heard a growl. It didn't sound out of the ordinary, she was familiar with it.

Milo's stomach continued to growl, and Milo meowed for food. (Y/N) sighed.

"Yeah, I'm hungry too buddy." She says, and softly stroked the kittens ear.

"I'll find us some place to eat. Don't worry." She said and smiled towards the kitten, who in return, meowed and then went back to sleep. (Y/N) stopped when a good aroma caught her attention. She looked to the side, to find herself standing in front of a bar.

"Grillby's, huh?"

—————

Hello there, lovelies!

This is one of my first fan fictions. I intend on posting 3 chapters, and if people enjoy it then I will continue. Please, do enjoy! Let me know if I mistake anything.
-Amour