Cat and Mouse

Começar do início

"This is a waste of my time!"

Monique suddenly snapped and Cordula, too busy watching N.I.G.E.L, instantly flinched away from the sudden tone and turned to see Nick walk up to Monique "You and I talk now" Nick said, his tone was stern but there were signs of confusion too. Cordula watched the pair walk away before she turned her gaze to the video feed.

"Can you boys stop arguing for one second?" 

Elsie suddenly argued and before Cordula knew it, there was a full blown argument on whose fault it was concerning Monique suddenly snapping at them. Cordula sighed and rubbed her forehead before she gasped when she saw something sneaking up in front of N.I.G.E.L.

"Guys look!"

Cordula called out and they only saw half of  the creature that resembled a sewer rat before the connection broke off "N.I.G.E.L!" Mendel screamed when he heard the robotic noise of scream coming from N.I.G.E.L before static. 

"Let's go get Nick"

***

"Nick!" Mendel called and Nick abruptly turned around and thus ending the discussion he had with Monique "N.I.G.E.L's found something" Mendel said as he replayed the video feed "Actually something's found N.I.G.E.L" Randy said as they watched again the feed.

A noise coming from the sea made all eyes turn to Godzilla as he resurfaced, drenching all of them with water. Mendel let out an uneasy sound, not liking to be even this close to the great reptile "Doesn't even know we're here. He's hunting" Nick stated "Hunting for the sewer rats?" Cordula asked before she gasped when they saw a large rat jump out of the shadows and Godzilla roared and charged at it.

"Guess we now know" 

Elsie commented and Cordula groaned. Why does it have to be rats?

***

He roared as he followed one of the intruders, determined to kill every single one of them. They were here somewhere, hiding in this place where his pack and his female lives. He would not risk their lives if he let's the intruders grow and populate.

This was his territory and no intruder would dare mock him by living underneath his home.

He roared in anger when one of the intruders managed to escape through the subway and he headed back into the water in anger but still on the hunt to find their nest and kill them all.

***

Cordula sighed as they watched Godzilla's disappearing form beneath the surface "At least he's out of the city" Elsie commented, trying to lighten the now darkened mood when not only was the city infested with mutated sewer rats, the military are now disrupting the hunt and making it harder for Godzilla to easily track them down.

"I can take down any mutation whether it be a worm, a moth or even an alien from outer space if there ever is one but why did it have to be rats. I have an instinctive allergy towards them"

*** 

The team headed towards a military camp just outside the city and Cordula soon heard someone yelling "I'm just getting the city put back together and I am not allowed to sit idly by while that monster tears it apart!" Another voice that Cordula recognized as Major Hicks followed.

"Our options are limited until the city's been evacuated" Nick's parted the flaps of the tent and went inside followed by the rest of the crew "There's no need for that Major" Nick said and both men snapped their eyes towards Nick.

Major looked relieved while the Mayor looked pissed.

"Godzilla is destroying Manhattan!" The mayor said, his voice loud and Cordula wondered if the Mayor had hearing problem to be even speaking that loudly "He's only defending his territory, if we get rid of the rat , Godzilla will  leave too" Nick explained "I'm suppose to bet the safety of Major Metropolis on your hunch?" Cordula coughed to gain their attention.