Ch. 18 Like A Slut

Desterys POV

"Shoot him! Dude shoot him!", I yell.

"Okay, okay", Nathan yells back, flicking the control stick around.

I watch as Nathan struggle to kill multiple zombies. I haven't had much time with us just hanging out lately because of Astrid, but she's at her new job.

I feel bad for her having to get a new job and basically changing her daily routine, but I know it's all worth since yesterday.

The best night of my life.

I hear the door open and look up from the tv. Astrid walks in with a grocery bags in her hand, looking a little nervous.

I get up.

"Hey, pretty lady!", i say, "How was work?".

She sets down the bags, "Bull".

I laugh and snake my arms around her waiste, "Welcome to adulthood. We've been expecting you".

She smiles and puts her arms around my neck.

"Yeah, whatever. I don't know if I wanna stick with working there though".

I furrow my eyebrows. "Why?".

Before she could answer, Char walks out of the guest room and walks over to us.

"Hey guys. Oh Astrid, how was work?".

I look at Astrid who is rolling her eyes.

Char squints at her.

"It was kinda shitty. I don't know if I wanna work there", Astrid says.

Char slowly nods her head and grabs Astrids arms pulling her into their room.

"Come here. We need to talk".

I walk over to Nathan and sit down.

"What was that about?", he says with a mouthful of chips.

I just shrug my shoulders.

~~~~~~~~

Chars POV

I take Astrids arm and drag her into my room, huffing the whole way there.

I sit her down on the bed and stand in front of her with my arms crossed.

"What's up?", I say with a concerned tone.

She looks at her feet, not saying anything. I know something is wrong, and I'm going to get it out of her.

She looks up at me with sad green eyes, not the bright ones she use to have.

"I...I don't know what to do", she whispers.

I furrow my eyebrows together, "What's going on?".

She sighs.

"Okay... When I went to my job today, there was a guy also working there. Our....our hands accidentally touched and it just...it just felt different. Like a good different. I know I shouldn't be feeling this....".

She looks at her feet.

I cannot believe this. Is she really saying this? REALLY?!

I'm about to scream at her. In fact...

"WHAT THE FUCK ASTRID?!", I yell.

She jumps, a little scared. I don't care though.

"Are you seriously going to sit here and tell me that you have feelings for some random guy?! WAKE THE FUCK UP!

You are in love remember? Or wait, was that a lie?".

Her mouth is open but she doesn't say anything. I just keep talking.

"Do you even care about other people's feelings? You are always the center of everything! You cause all this stupid drama and we have to face it because you're the one that's acting like a-", I cut off.

She stands up and looks at me.

"Like what? Say it!".

I looks her in the eyes.

"Like a slut".

Right when I said that, she storms out of the room.

I don't know where she's gonna go but I honestly don't care. She can go hurt me, but not Destery.

He's my friend now, and I'm not going to let Astrids mixed feelings hurt him.

What I did next was an unforgivable action that was influenced by rage and a little bit of pms.

But it was still terrible.

I walk out to the living room.

"Destery?", I quietly say.

I see Destery and Nathan standing up in the living room looking confused.

"What the fuck happened? What were you saying?", Destery yells.

"What she needed to hear", I whisper, "I need to tell you something though. She's been lying...about everything".

~~~~~~~~~~

Hi!!

OMG by now we've hit 1k reads!!!

I can't breathe. You guys made my day!!

So the prologue to my new fanfic is out and I'll put out a couple of chapters soon. Stay tuned!!

Thank you so much!

Bye <3