Ch. 19 Just Me And My Bestfriend

Desterys POV

"Like a slut!", I hear Char yell.

I turn to Nathan, seeing he has the same puzzled expression as I do.

A door slams and I turn around seeing nothing but a glance of someone running towards the door.

Astrid.

I don't say anything.

I can't say anything.

I hear someone else come out and look at the door to see Char walking towards me with her arms crossed.

"Destery?", she whispers.

I look at her with confused eyes.

"What the fuck happened?! What were you saying?", I yelled.

She steps closer.

"What she needed to hear", she quietly says, "I need to tell you something though. She's been lying....about everything".

I feel my hands start to get moist.

Shit.

"Wha..what are you saying?", I barely whisper. She looks at her feet and takes a deep breath, "She's been lying".

"Destery, her parents didn't die. She was lying about that, and about everything else".

I look to the floor, not moving an inch, afraid if I do that everything will just get worse. But it did.

Everything went quiet, so quiet I could hear Nathan's heavy breathing, which is heavier than usual.

"I...", she continues, "I guess she just wanted to get attention or something...".

I start to pace, without even realizing it.

"So", I anxiously say, "S-so, she lied about her parents, an-and what else?".

"Uh", she quietly says, "She, uh, she is seeing someone else. She told me that she had feelings for some guy at her job and that.... She never really loved you".

I felt tears stinging my eyes.

I've never cried before, well except when I was a baby, but when you're an adult....it's different. If you do cry, it's either someone you love died, or apart of you did.

For me right now, I'm crying.

I can say it.

I am crying.

Nathan places a hand on my shoulder.

"H-hey! Hey look it's okay. It's gonna be okay! We'll figure this out".

As much as I wanted to be a man about this, I fucking couldn't.

I wiped my eyes with my sleeve and turned around to Nathan, grabbing him into a tight hug.

I just sobbed on his shoulder, whispering words that Char had said, exposing my self acting like this.

He's my best friend, though, so he'll understand.

By the time he calmed me down, I turned around to see no one there.

"Whe-where'd Char go?", I ask hicupping.

He rubs my back and turns his head, "She went to the back room".

I look at my hands and start to think.

Did she really say that? Was Char telling the truth? Does Astrid not love me?

Just thinking about that makes my stomach hurt.

I only need one person right now.

No girls.

No problems.

Just me and my best friend, who won't judge my cry face.