Ch. 13 That Sexy Brit

Astrids POV

I drove and drove and drove until the sun started to set.

What was I doing? I can't just drive away from my problems, but I could drink them away...

I spot a nearby bar and pull over. I turned 21 a couple of months ago, so no need for a fake I.D.

I stumble out of the car, still thinking about the fight Destery and I had. If he was just gonna make me feel like shit, I didn't want to hear it.

When I walk in, I instantly get slapped with the smell of alcoholic beverages and moldy walls. It wasn't an ideal place to go, but at least it was away from everyone.

I walk up to the counter and pull up a stool.

"Um, excuse me?", I ask.

A tall, dark brown haired man, around my age, turns around and flashes me a smile. It was a nice one, too....

"Hey! Sorry about that, love. What can I get you?".

I think my ovaries just exploded.

Once he started talking, I could hear the thick British accent he had. When he turned around I looked him in the eyes and came across his bright green orbs. Now if he was not a douche, he could be perfect...

"Oh, uh... Can I get a beer?", I said, coming back to reality.

He smirks and says, "Huh. Okay then...".

I squint my eyes at him. "What's that supposed to mean?".

"Well, I wouldn't have imagined a little girl like you ordering a beer".

I make my mouth form an "o" and protest. "I'll have you know I'm 21! And women can drink beer too, you know.".

He chuckles and walks to grab my drink. "I know. It's sexy."

I smirk.

He comes back with my beer and a coaster.

I glance at his name tag. Pj.

"There you are, mate."

I look at my drink and say, "Nice accent by the way. Where are you from?"

He rests his elbows on the table. "Peterborough , England."

I nod my head. "Well, you're a long way from home".

He chuckles, "Yeah, but there was nothing for me there, anyways. Plus I love America, it's rather odd, though".

"Yeah, bacon milkshakes aren't exactly 'ideal' for tourists".

He laughs and runs his fingers through his shaggy hair.

He was a sexy brit...

I bite my lip and put my head down. I could feel him looking at me...I liked it, though.

I took a swig of the beer and set it down softly.

"So", he says, "Where's your boyfriend?".

I didn't say anything for a moment. I don't want to tell him all my complicated problems.

"Uhh," I hesitated, "I guess I don't really have one....".

He chuckles, "You guess?".

I sigh, "It's...complicated. You wouldn't want to hear it anyway."

"Shoot".

I look up and tell him everything.

Well, almost. When I got to the part of Destery and I fighting, I just tell him it was about an "incident". He doesn't need to know everything. I just met him.

"Wow...", he says quietly.

I chuckle, "I know. I'm a mess."

He shrugs his shoulders, "We all have some problems".

"Yeah...", I look at my hands.

"Want another beer?", he asks.

I smirk, "How'd you know?".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Desterys POV

I check the clock.

Again.

I bob my knees up and down.

I sit there on the couch, waiting for Astrid. She's been gone for hours. It's 11 pm. I start to get worried.

What if she drove back to her house.

It's only a couple of hours....

Char and Nathan are watching a movie, and every time I try to say something to them, she just shush me. The nerve of some people.... * Patrick voice*

I grab my phone and call Astrid. I know I was hard on her, but she doesn't have to do this to me.

Ring....

Ring.....

Ring....

I sigh.

"Hey!"

"Astrid-"

"You've reached my cell! Leave a message!"

Beep.

I decide on wether to leave a message or not. But before I could say anything, the door bursts open.

My heart lifted a little, hoping it was Astrid.

I wasn't wrong, but she wasn't alone.

She loudly stumbles in, with a tall man attached to her side, eating her face off.

I just sat there.

~~~~~~~~~~

._. well that happened. Stupid astrid....

And yes, Pj is supposed to be kickthepj. it just felt....right.

Lol by now we've reached 400 reads! yay ~^^~ comment if you like it!

K bye <3