Ch. 17 Mixed

Astrids POV

I walk into the Hot Topic with my resume and walk up to the counter and see a girl with pink hair, about my age, checking out someone.

"Um, hi!", I quietly say to her, "I'm here for the new spot open working here?".

She turns around and smiles, "Oh yeah. Hi! I'm Morgan, the manager. You must be Astrid?".

"Yep, that's me", I say.

I hand her my resume and she quickly checks it over.

"Mhm. You sound legit. You got the job! You can start as soon as you can".

I smile, "Oh, cool! Uh, yea is now okay?".

She nods her head and hands me a pin and a sharpie to write my name with.

"Thanks!", I say as she goes to the back room.

I write my name on the pin with a star on it, (which fits my name pretty well).

I feel a tap on my shoulder and snap around.

"Woah!", someone says, "Chill out! I'm sorry didn't mean to scare you!".

I grab my chest, a little scared.

"No, it's fine".

I see a tall man with green short hair. He had dashing blue eyes, like the sky. He had a very nice jaw line and perfect features.

Pretty sexy....

What am I saying? I have Destery.

Just Destrey.

You love him.

I can tell he works here when I glance at his name tag.

Trevor.

He chuckles, "Yeah, uh, sorry. You're new here, right?".

I nod. "Yep. Today's my first day, and I've actually just moved to Orlando too".

He smiles, "Well, my names Trevor, and I'm guessing you're Astrid?".

"Woah, how'd you know that?", I say amazed.

He laughs and points at my name tag.

I look at it and smile, "Oh".

My face feeling warm.

"So", he says walking toward the register where I am, "I'll help you out the first day. You know, teach you the basics and what not".

I nod my head, "Cool".

"So", he says, "I'll show you how to work the register. So what you're gonna do is-".

I placed my hands on the cash register and so did he. Right on top of mine. He cut himself off, realizing our hands meeting.

That wasn't even the worst thing.

Once his hands touched mine I didn't even flinch. It actually felt...not bad.

Desterys hands are usually cold so feeling the warm, welcoming hands of another guy was refreshing.

I suddenly pull away, realizing what I was feeling.

I felt like a cheater for feeling like this.

Maybe the fight Destery and I had back in California was still in my mind, and no matter how much he tried to make it up, I still felt hurt.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Four hours went by and I was walking to my car.

Four long hours of hard thinking and guilt. I know I can't say anything to Destery. Maybe not even Char.

I don't know why but I feel something for Trevor. Something new and fresh, and because he hadn't hurt me, he felt right.

I stop in my tracks.

Wait, what am I thinking?

Destery would never think these thoughts for another person when he's with me, so why am?

I get in my car and quickly drive away.

I need to stop thinking....

~~~~~~~~~

|READ|

Bloop bloop. :3

Hey everyone!

WE ARE SO CLOSE TO 1k.

OH MY GLOB.... :D

So if u guys read the update I'm sorry but I may not be posting as much but I'm not quitting this story.

I'm working on another fanfic that should be really awesome and I'll have a prologue for that coming real soon, so STAY TUNED!

I don't want to give anything away but....check my cover photo:3

I KNOW RIGHT?!!

Haha Ok well thanks for sticking around aaaaaaand yep that's it.

Bye! <3