"The flowers are calling for you," Bryce whispered.

"How could I resist?"

"I'll just be glad when this wedding mess is over," Bryce said, hopping down off the counter.

"You're so unhelpful."

He just shrugged, reaching down to give Dawson a good rub. "Come on buddy, let's go watch some Hairspray."

~*~

"It's so puffy," Clayton said, reaching over to poke Bryce's cheek.

"Don't touch me," Bryce said, slapping Clayton's hand away.

"You look like a little chipmunk."

"Shut up."

"Geez Bryce, lay off the sweets," Kylie teased, taking a seat next to me.

"Aren't we all the funny guys today?" Bryce muttered.

The bell rang, and the rest of the table packed up and left.

"I was joking," Clayton informed him. "You look more like a marshmallow than a chipmunk."

Bryce chuckled, rolling his eyes.

"Feeling ready?" Clayton asked him.

"Do I have a choice?"

"Aren't we a bit bitter today?" Clayton teased, as we reached the hallway. He slapped Bryce on the back. "Cheer up."

"Thanks."

"If it makes you feel any better, I'd probably eat you last if you were a marshmallow."

And with that he headed to class.

"I hate him," Bryce informed me.

"It's the steroids talking," I informed him, kissing his puffy cheek. "Chin up dear, it's Friday."

~*~

"We're headed to the dog park," Bryce informed his sister and mom.

"Okay," they chimed in unison.

Dawson and Bryce raced out to my car, Dawson careening into my car and Bryce a few steps behind.

I unlocked the car, and Bryce opened the backseat door for Dawson before taking the passenger seat.

Bryce immediately began to fiddle with the radio station as I backed out of the driveway, Dawson poking his head up through the center console.

The seven minute drive seemed like the longest drive of my life.

"Get out," I ordered, as I put the car in park.

Bryce let Dawson out and the two took off running towards the dog park.

Those two, I swear.

I headed out there myself, Bryce already halfway up a tree.

Dawson ran through a tunnel, and then looked up to Bryce for approval.

"Good boy!" Bryce called down.

Dawson let out a happy bark before trotting over to find something else to play with.

I took a seat in the grass, a couple of Dawson's toys with me. I tossed Dawson one of his rope toys, which he happily went chasing after.

After a few minutes Bryce joined me, sitting criss-cross next to me.

Dawson came galloping back with his rope toy and dropped it at Bryce's feet, wagging his tail expectantly.

Bryce hurled it, and Dawson took off running.