Perfect (Kelly Oubre Jr.) -Anna-

Hey guys, this one's for zlajas ! Kelly is one of my absolute faves, so I had lots of fun writing this. I hope you like it (:

-Anna's POV-

I was watching Netflix on my couch when my phone rang. I sighed, reaching over my blanket to grab it. It was my best friend, Kelly.

"Hello?"I answered, a smile growing on my face.

"Aye, Anna! Wassup?"he greeted. I could practically see the grin on his face. It made my smile get bigger.

"Just watching Netflix. So, how come you called me out of the blue? You haven't found the time to call your best friend in the past week, but now you can?" I was just teasing him, and he knows I play around with him like this all the time. Of course I get that he's busy. I would never actually hold that against him.

Kelly chuckled and replied,"Come on, Anna. You know I try to make time for you. But guess what."

"What?"I responded instantly.

"I'm in New Orleans,"he said.

I gasped. "Oh my god, really?"

"Yup, we have a game tonight and I came over here early to hang out with you,"he explained.

Kelly Oubre Jr. and I were friends from birth. We grew up together and were always best friends. When Hurricane Katrina hit, Kelly moved away. But we managed to keep in touch and still talk as much as we can now.

"That's amazing, Kelly. I can't wait to see you,"I smiled, dragging my hand across my blanket.

"Well, you won't have to wait long,"he said, before hanging up abruptly. Why did he just- My thoughts were interrupted by the doorbell ringing. I got up, confused.

When I opened the door, I saw Kelly with a huge smile on his face. "Kelly!"I exclaimed, jumping onto him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and leaned my head on his shoulder. "I missed you so so much,"I whispered, pulling away to kiss his cheek.

Kelly grinned. Oh, how I missed his smile. "I missed you too, baby,"he replied.

Hearing him call me 'baby' made butterflies abrupt in my stomach. We're strictly best friends, but I've always felt a little something extra for Kelly. I mean, how could I not? Look at those eyes and that smile. He's incredibly beautiful.

We walked into the living room and he sat beside me on the couch. "So, what's been going on with you? How you been?"Kelly asked, putting an arm around my shoulder.

I smiled and leaned into his body. "Way better now that you're here,"I replied.

Kelly chuckled,"You're so cheesy."

I shrugged. "Nah, for real though. I missed you so much."

"Well, I need you to do me a favour,"he said. I sat up and looked at him. "What is it?"I questioned.

He grinned and said,"I need you to wear your Oubre jersey and come to the game tonight and cheer your ass off for me." I laughed, slightly hitting his arm. "Dude, come on. Of course I'll do that."

"Great, the game starts in a few hours. I have your court side ticket. How about we chill until the game and I'll give you a ride to the arena?"he suggested.

I nodded,"Sure, I'd love that."

For the next while, we just caught up with each other's personal lives and played 2K.

"I told you I'm good,"I grinned as I put the controller down on the table.

Kelly shook his head,"You just got lucky."

I raised my eyebrows. "Three times in a row?"

"Whatever, man. Let's just go to the game,"he mumbled, pulling out his phone.

"Okay, let me get ready real quick,"I said, jumping off the couch.

I went up to my room and put on my Oubre jersey before touching up my makeup. When I went downstairs, Kelly was ready to go. He grinned when he saw me. "Nice jersey, Anna. Looks good." I laughed and shook my head.

As we walked out to his car, Kelly said,"I got my basketball stuff with me already so we'll just go to the arena. You down to hang backstage for a bit?"

"Uh, obviously. Maybe I can meet some players,"I grinned, sitting in the passenger seat.

Kelly drove us to the arena and we walked through the back. The media was there, taking pictures and shouting questions at Kelly.

"Who's the girl?"someone asked.

Kelly looked down at me and smiled. "It's my girl, Anna."

I just smiled in response, but just found myself wondering if he meant 'my girl' as in 'girlfriend' or 'my girl' as in 'friend that's a girl'. Either way, it made me feel special.

We were greeted by Devin Booker who dapped up Kelly and shook my hand. "Hi, I'm Devin,"he introduced.

"I'm Anna. Nice to meet you,"I replied.

Devin glanced at Kelly and then looked back at me. "Wait, you're the Anna? Kelly talks about you all the time."

I giggled slightly and looked up at Kelly's red face. He tried to avoid my eyes. I poked his cheek and cooed,"Aw Kelly, that's so cute!"

Kelly glared at Devin before saying,"I should get changed for the game. Do you wanna go to your seat?"

I nodded and gave him a hug. "You'll do great,"I whispered.

"Kiss for good luck?"Kelly grinned.

I laughed and leaned up to kiss his cheek. "Good luck, Kelly."

Devin spoke up,"Damn, y'all are cute." Kelly shoved him lightly and walked into the locker room.

Devin stuck around for a bit. He confided,"I was serious about him talking about you all the time. Don't tell him I said this, but he really likes you. Like more than friends."

I bit my lip, feeling my cheeks warm up. "Really?"

"Yeah, he has feelings for you. But he's scared to tell you because he thinks you don't feel the same way,"he replied.

Is Devin telling the truth? Does Kelly really like me? My heart sped up at the news. All this time I've had a crush on Kelly, and he might have actually felt the same the whole time?

I cleared my throat and said,"I should go go to my seat. But it was really nice to meet you, Devin."

"Likewise,"he nodded. We exchanged numbers and then I went to my court side seat.

The game against the Pelicans was tough, but the Suns were able to win by 2 points. Kelly got 32 points, and I didn't stop cheering the whole time. I mean, that's my best friend!

After the game was over, I waited a bit before going to the back. Kelly was dressed and ready to leave.

I smiled and gave him a big hug. "Y'all did great tonight. You did absolutely incredible. I'm so proud. Did you hear me cheering?"

I pulled away and looked up at him. He chuckled,"Yeah, it felt amazing hearing you call me 'your man' and 'baby'." I blushed lightly. He continued,"I'm serious. It felt good. Because.. Well, I want to be your man and your baby and all of that."

I looked at him confused. "What do you mean?"I asked.

Kelly smiled and said,"I've been thinking about this a lot lately, and I want things to be official between us. Whenever I'm not around you, I miss you like crazy. We know each other better than anybody and I know that we're great together. So, I want to ask you.. Will you be my girlfriend?"

Tears brimmed the corners of my eyes as I nodded. "Of course,"I whispered.

He leaned down and kissed me. I've been waiting for this for so damn long. And it feels so good.

I pulled away and just looked into his eyes. "You're so perfect,"I whispered.

Kelly smiled and shook his head. "You're the most perfect woman in the world."