I continued standing there until: "Mio cuore, come here," Anthony's voice left no room for complaint.

Gripping my hands together, I head towards Anthony's side, ignoring the burning glare to my left. Hesitantly, I say beside Anthony who wraps an arm around my waist and pulls me closer. Analyzing Anthony's mother, I realize she had the same facial bone structure as him, sharp and wonderous. Anthony must have also inherited her hair color because she had brown eyes. "He-Hello Mrs.-"

"I do not accept her," she rudely cut me off.

I purse my lip wanting to lower myself, but Anthony taps my back to remind me to be strong. I straighten out myself and crunch my hands together afraid she may see me shaking if I don't. "I will put your opinions into thought."

Anthony's mother slams a hand on the desk. "Anthony Maranzano-Winston!"

"Mamma, I am 31. I believe I can do anything I please."

She grounds her teeth.

"You've always wanted grandchildren, so congratulations - Angelica and I decided to start trying tonight."

My eyes widen and twist my head towards him - Excuse you? We're not trying anything as long as your mother is here! I want to voice my opinion, but I feel like it wasn't the right time to interrupt.

She folds her arms and glares viscously at Anthony. Francesco rubs her back. "Mamma, fratello maggiore is old enough to deci-" he stops talking when she reverts her glare towards him.

"Mamma, I will not divorce Angelica," Anthony said, and my head dropped. I bit my inner cheeks, not knowing what to say; not knowing how to feel.

She crosses her arm. "Then, I will stay until my words sink through."

"You don't have any clothes here."

She smiles, "Hmm...Then, it's a good thing they have a shopping plaza not too far off of here."

Anthony's mother stands up with Francesco behind her. "I believe my room is still upstairs fourth door to the right?" I narrow my eyes...isn't that?

"That room is occupied."

She places her fists on her hip. "By whom?"

"Me," Lily's voice pitched into the air.

"And who are you?"

Lily takes a step forward with three boys scurrying after her. "I am Lily...Ann...Angelica's older sister."

She scoffs, "Why are you here?"

"Mamma," Francesco began massaging her overly tense muscles. "Sorella maggiore and her family are from America."

"She is not your sorella maggiore," Anthony's mother said before stomping towards the door.

Francesco takes a light step before halting. "I'll go make sure she doesn't burn down the place," he said quickly before rushing after intense heels.

Dinner rolled around and things had never felt so awkward. I scoop the mashed potatoes into my mouth, ignoring the intense glare across from me. The sound of utensils clank against the bowls and plates; everyone focuses on their own food. "What did you do before you got your claws on my son?" she asks.

I swallow the mashed potatoes and wipe the excess off the edge of my lip, scraping it against the white towel on my lap. "I was a waitress."

"Oh, I see you're used to serving people."

I frown at her statement, while Lily flares her nostrils. "It's not a degrading trade."

"Did I ever say it was?"

"Mamma," Anthony said in a warning tone.

She glances over to see Clark sitting on Anthony's lap. Quickly, he buries himself on Anthony's chest. "Pwease, be mice." Anthony's mother scoffed but decided not to say anything in regard to Clark's speech impairment. Whenever Clark gets nervous, his words get a bit more difficult to express.

A single day feels like a week with Anthony's mother. She would criticize everything I do - from the way I dress to the way I open the door. I don't understand how I'm opening the door incorrectly, but somehow I am!

Finally, Anthony's mother left to go shopping allowing the house to maintain peace. Crossing my legs on the couch, I glance up to see Anthony focus on his laptop. My eyes continue going from him to the anatomic structure of a male back to him. When he caught me, I averted my eyes pretending to study. Biting the tip of my pen, I glance back up to see him staring intently at me.

"Stop staring at me," I mumble.

"Stop taking peeks of me," he retorts, and my cheeks grow red.

Currently, I'm sitting in Anthony's office studying because it's the quietest place in the whole mansion. There isn't a single soul who dares disturb him while he is in his office - except his mother. I would be studying in the small library, but Lily is studying there and likes to scream law codes to herself.

The guys and boys are spread around the mansion screaming nonsense and playing hide and seek. I'm glad they are bonding with others instead of just Lily and me.

The door creaks open, and we glance towards it seeing Clark enter. "What's wrong?" I ask.

With teary eyes, he rushes towards me, falling on his own two legs. Placing my book down, he stood up and ran towards me again. "Th-They were bullying me," he cries.

Francesco and Pietro rush in. "Whatever he says is a lie!" They shout, denying everything.

"What happened?"

They laugh nervously. "They called him a crybaby!" Kevin screams, wiggling a finger in front of their faces.

"Okay! Yes, we did, but he cries whenever we find him!" Francesco rebuttal.

What kind of adult would bully a child?

"Everyone out, except for Clark," Anthony said.

One by one, they left the room. "Anthony, what are you-"

"Trust me," he said.