twenty one

Monday

I took in a deep breath as Jon and I stood at the gorilla. I was in my new gear, he was in his. It was the first time anyone had seen us with our new appearances since we wore hoods and hats all day. Jon held my hand tight before we shared a brief kiss as his music dropped and we walked into the gorilla like he had taught me.

Everyone was shocked. I was shocked at the cheering reaction we got. Maybe it was because we were matching. Maybe it was because he's Champion. Maybe it's because I was reporter-gone-wrestler. Who knows?

Jon helped me into the ring, immediately grabbing my hand to soothe my anxiety as he grabbed a microphone. He waited impatiently for the crowd to quiet down before he started talking.

"I said we'd be back better this week," he said, smiling down at me. "You see, Kaia and I don't appreciate what backstabbing Rollins and the man who I thought would always be my brother, Roman Reigns, has to say about us. Not that we care all too much about them, but sometimes they stick their noses in places they don't belong. You see, Seth Rollins, my brotha, Kaia's cousin— he's a snarky little weasel. What you don't get to see is him conspiring with the Authority backstage. The Authority! Roman Reigns isn't any better! This time, he's just a hypocrite! Roman can say what he wants about whatever his little fantasy is with Kaia, bud what he'll never be able to say is that he has the pleasure of calling this beautiful woman his. She's all mine, and I couldn't be luckier."

I was taken off guard by the crowd chanting my name, which made Jon smirk. He handed me the microphone, to which the crowd cheered and I laughed softly.

"I'm not one to take sides most of the time, but here we are," I said, looking up to Jonathan. "Seth and Roman crossed the line. Roman put his hands on me, and Seth hit me with a chair. I know Dean didn't appreciate that, but the one thing Seth and Roman can't do is break us down."

I was stopped as Joe's song played, making me grow nervous as Jon took the microphone from me.

"Kaia, Kaia, Kaia," Joe said as Colby followed behind him. "Don't you remember that night? The air was chilly and crisp, people were walking the Strip as they do in Las Vegas, Nevada. We all decided we were going to—"

"Shut up!" I shouted as I took the microphone from Jonathan. "Shut up! You have no idea what you're talking about, Roman!"

"Ah, Roman. Wasn't that what you were scr—"

"Alright, alright!" Colby said, stopping him as they walked down the ramp. "Kaia, we all know about your past. It's not pretty,"

"Don't act like that, Seth. You're a pathetic, sell-out, lying piece of sh—"

"I mean, Kaia's got a lot of issues, y'all," Joe added.

"Quit talking about her!" Jon yelled loud enough to echo through the microphone.

"I mean, the reason she's wearing long tights is because she's got a scar on her ass about this long—" Joe started before my jaw dropped and Jon ripped his microphone away.

"Quit talking about my girlfriend. You don't know anything about her," Jon wanted him.

"What you all don't know is that Kaia was a very broken person before she met no good Dean Ambrose," Colby continued as Joe took mine and Jon's microphones forcefully, making Jon nearly rip his face off. "She was really broken. Then she got with Dean! He fixed her in a way, then she broke him! She broke him so bad he had to resort to breaking the wellness policy!"

"What the hell!" I shouted before Jon grabbed me, pressing a hand over my mouth.

"Let him. We'll get them in a second," Jon said, crossing his arms, which prompted me to do the same.