two

two weeks later, Monday Night Raw, 8:30PM

I stood in my decorated corner with the many lights and a camera pointing at me. I watched as the newest Intercontinental Champion, Kevin Owens, walked up to me, getting ready for his interview tonight. He had just beaten Colby in an unfair 2-on-1 unscheduled beatdown, which allowed him to keep his title.

"Kevin, you just successfully defended your Intercontinental Championship for the first time since winning it last week on Raw. With Sami Zayn in your corner, you defeated Seth Rollins, and kept your title. How are you feeling?" I asked, my chest tightening as I saw Dean appear in the hall, his body coming to a screeching halt as he saw us.

"Kaia, I am feeling fantastic. Not only did I defeat Seth Rollins, Sami and I destroyed Seth Rollins. Not again will he come after my Intercontinental Championship. Never again," he started as he, too, noticed Dean standing there.

"You must be feeling pretty proud of yourself at this point, right?" I asked him.

"I am very happy with my performance. The only thing that could make this better is if I could take you, Kaia Lopez, out on a date," he said unscripted, taking me off guard. I seen Dean scramble out of the corner of my eye when all I could do was awkwardly laugh at his impromptu question. "I mean, it'd be nice to hang out with a Champion, right?"

"Hey, yeah, excuse me?" Dean said, walking up next to Kevin. I backed away instinctively, and Dean began beating down on Kevin as he called for security. Finally, Dean got to his feet and picked up the title, looking at it before dropping it onto Kevin. "Don't worry, I'll be taking this soon,"

"C'mon, Dean, get out of there," a security guard said, motioning him away. He walked towards me, his knuckle nudging my chin before walking past me and continuing down the hallway like before.

"Kaia," Colby said after walking up to the mess in front of me. "Dean?"

"Dean," I nodded as he scoffed and rolled his eyes.

The last two weeks consisted of this— the hiding in the shadows until he got his chance to speak to me, or be around me. He even tried to get me as his driving partner, which Colby shut down quickly.

"Are you done here?" he asked me, raising a brow.

"Yeah," I nodded before Kevin got up, walking close to us.

"Better tell your boyfriend to fucking watch himself," Kevin sneered at me before shoving his way between Colby and I.

"Jesus," I rolled my eyes before Colby grabbed my arm. I handed the microphone to a crew member before Colby dragged me down the hall and into his dressing room.

"Listen, Kaia. Dad is throwing a party for your mom this weekend. He really wants you to come, and—"

"I don't know if that's the best idea, Colby," I said quickly, my chest tightening.

"I know you and your mom have your differences, but I'm sure she would love to have you," he told me, pulling his hair back.

"The last time I talked to her, which was Christmas, she told me, and I quote, 'don't you dare come here, you are not welcome around the family anymore, merry fucking Christmas'," I told him, crossing my arms. He frowned and sighed, leaning against the wall.

"What even started that?" he asked.

"She told me she didn't want me to go on tour with WWE, because she would be sad and lonely. I told her that this is kind of my job, and then she told me if I left, to never come back," I explained, pulling out my phone.