one

Kaia's POV

I stood in my cousin Colby's hotel room that he shared with one of his ex-teammates, Roman Reigns, or just Joe. His other ex-teammate, Dean Ambrose, or just Dean as he prefers to be called (despite his real name being Jonathan), stood there, too, as the three discussed their plans for the future.

"I'm going to get that title," Joe said, crossing his arms. "No matter how much they don't want me to, I'll get ahold of it someday,"

"Right," Colby basically scoffed, taking a sip of his beer. "You say that every single time we have our guys' night,"

"If it's a guys' night, why the hell is this one here?" Dean asked, a hint of annoyance in his voice as he pointed at me. I furrowed my brows slightly and crossed my arms as Colby began growing defensive.

"I invited her. Is that a problem?" Colby asked, cocking his head to the side.

"You're the one who said it, man," Dean shrugged his shoulders. "Guys' night,"

"I can leave," I said, leaning towards the door.

"You don't have to leave, Kaia. Dean's just in a mood," Colby said, rolling his eyes.

"No, really. I'll just go," I told them, slinging my purse over my shoulder and walking to the door. "Have fun with your guys' night,"

I left the room and sighed, making my way back to my room, sliding my keycard through the scanner and pushing the door open, quickly turning to close myself in the room, leaving me to sit on the bed alone, the sound of the TV barely keeping me from dozing off.

From: Colby
Sorry about him. Dean gets these weird moods where he is a dick.

To: Colby
It's okay. I'm not surprised, his ego has always blown my mind.

I groaned as a loud knock echoed through my room. I got to my feet quickly and walked to the door, peering through the peep-hole to see my close friend, Trinity, or Naomi in the ring.

"Hey," I said as I pulled the door open. She invited herself in quickly and turned to shut the door for me before grabbing ahold of my arm.

"You need to come out with us," she smirked, pulling me back to my bed. I furrowed my brows as she sat me down on the bed and grabbed my suitcase, rummaging through the contents until she found what she wanted.

"I don't think it's the right time," I told her, pursing my lips. It'd been two months since I caught my ex-fiancé, Adam, with another girl, and Trinity was so quick to get me to go out all the time, as she claimed it would help me relax and loosen up.

"You brought the dress, though. Don't you remember— I told you that when you think you're ready to hit the club with us to bring—"

"Yes, I remember," I furrowed my brows and stuck my hand up.

"You must be ready, then," she smirked, laying the soft fabric on my lap. "Lets go, Kaia. It'll be really fun. I'm sure we can try and snatch you up a hottie,"

"I don't know, Trin," I sighed, standing up with the dress in my hands.

"If you don't have a good time, we'll bring you back. Everyone is going out tonight, so it should be fun, though," she smiled, reaching in my other suitcase to grab my black pair of stilettos, setting them on the bed.

"Alright," I nodded before proceeding to change into the black, skin tight dress and slipping on the heels before Trinity looked at me in satisfaction.

"Looking sexy," she smirked before linking her arm with mine. "C'mon. Jonathan is driving,"

Once we got to the very busy club, I followed Trinity to the back, where our group, plus some more of the rosters, would be sitting. I sat next to Trinity, who leaned on Jonathan, and Jey, who sweet talked with his new girl. I pursed my lips and sighed as I felt a hand on my shoulder—Colby's hand.