twenty

Las Vegas

"Do you like it?" our hairdresser asked as she spun the salon chair around, letting my newly dyed hair fall over my shoulders.

"It's definitely different," I smiled, reaching to straighten out the curls.

"Do you like it, babydoll?" Jon asked as he stood up to examine me in the mirror.

"I really like it," I said, standing myself up from the chair. "Thanks so much, it's perfect!"

"No problem," she smiled before motioning for Jon to sit down. I grabbed ahold of him, though, bringing him down into a hug as I ran my fingers through his hair.

"I'm gonna miss it," I whined, pulling away to brush it down his forehead.

"I can always grow it out again if you miss it that much," he smiled, pecking my lips before he sat down in the salon chair. I sat in the waiting chair against the wall, crossing my legs and resting my elbow on my knee, so I could rest my chin in my hand, pouting my lip as much as I could.

I winced as his hair fell off in chucks to the floor, until finally he was basically bald. He wasn't completely bald, of course, there was still a little on top, but it was extremely different.

"Alright," the stylist said, blow drying the hair off his shoulders. She leaned down and rested her elbows on his shoulders before running her fingers through his hair, making me furrow my brows slightly. "Do you like it?"

"Yeah," Jon nodded, peering to me through the mirror. "The more important thing, though, is does my beautiful girlfriend like it?"

"I like it," I said, standing up. The stylist still ran her fingers through his hair, making me quirk a brow. "Okay, what are you doing?"

"Making sure it's the same length all around," she said snobbishly before moving away from Jon, allowing him to stand up.

"Don't worry, if it's not, I'll fix it," I hissed before he wrapped me in a warm hug, blocking me from saying anything more.

"Shh," he chuckled, cupping my chin. "I love you,"

"I love you, too," I mumbled. I grabbed my debit card and rushed to pay before Jon could walk towards the counter.

"You can select your tip there, if you'd like," the girl said, tapping the screen in front of me. I shot her a pointed look before finishing the purchase and grabbing Jon's hand, tugging him to the exit.

"You are so hot when you're jealous," he said softly, making me shake my head.

"She was just running her fingers all through your hair like she's hot shit. Pisses me off," I muttered, pulling him to the car. I tried to open the passenger door, but Jon pushed his hand on it to keep me from doing so before spinning me around to face him.

"Hey," he smirked. "I just wanted to tell you that you're beautiful. Maybe I could get your number sometime. Never seen you around here,"

"Jon," I warned him, quirking a brow.

"No, really—" he started before rising his eyebrows. "Oh my god, Kaia Lopez? Wow, you look so different! I love your hair!"

"You're such a dork," I giggled, wrapping my arms around his neck. "But you're my dork,"

"I love you, babydoll. Please don't ever forget that, okay?" he asked, pulling back to cup my chin, keeping me in place.

"I love you, too," I smiled, allowing him to peck my lips before he let me get into the car, and he met me on the other side.