eight

three days later  (XXX)

Jonathan had been really distant since he found out about his mom. He just sat in the hotel room until he had to fight, and then he would go to the arena, do his match, and leave again.

He wouldn't talk to anyone except for me, which only consisted of small, one-word replies.

Colby and Joe talked him into going to the gym with them, which I was surprised. I was happy he was doing something, but I knew he really didn't want to leave the bed.

"Is he doing okay?" Trinity asked, referring to Jonathan.

"No. He hasn't been himself," I sighed, leaning my head against the table. "It's an all day fight to even get him to eat. I had to buy him those meal replacement drinks to keep him healthy and stuff the last couple days,"

"Jesus," she frowned.

"I feel so bad. I want to take away all his pain. It's the absolute worst," I told her as tears stung my eyes.

"I'm sure. That's how it was when Jimmy and Jey's cousin, which is Joe's brother, died. I couldn't do anything to make him feel better," she told me, taking a drink of her water bottle.

From: Joe
You need to come to the gym. Now.

From: Colby
Kevin showed up to the gym and has been taunting Dean. You need to get here quick before he kills him. Hurry.

"Fuck," I whispered, grabbing my car keys. "I have to go."

"You go, girl," she told me, waving me goodbye.

I drove quickly to the gym and ran to the entrance. A woman at the front desk stopped me before I could pull the other door open.

"Hi, do you have a membership?"

"I-I'm just here to get my boyfriend," I told her kindly before the door opened and Colby grabbed my wrist.

"They're trying to fight," he told me, pulling me into the large room with a ring in the corner, where Jonathan stood with Kevin, both of them exchanging words of hate.

"You don't deserve someone like Kaia, you know? You're a piece of garbage! Kaia is a babe, and you don't deserve her!" Kevin shouted, making me furrow my brows.

"What did I tell you about talking about her?" Jonathan said almost calmly, taking a step towards Kevin.

"What are you going to do, Dean? Go cry to your mommy?" he asked with a devilish smile. "Oh, wait—"

"Hey!" I shouted, running to slide into the ring.

"Kaia," Jonathan said as I looked to him, tears welling in his eyes.

"Hello, gorgeous," Kevin smirked before I shoved him backwards.

"What the fuck is wrong with you? Literally, what is fucking wrong with you?" I shouted, furrowing my brows. "Why are you so obsessed with Jonathan? Why do you insist on trying to make his life hell?"

"Well, I—"

"Oh, I know! It's because you're just a sad, shitty, little boy. All you care about is yourself. You are a shitty excuse for a human being, let alone a WWE superstar. You must be sucking Vince's dick on the daily to still be wrestling in this company," I continued shouting as tears filled my eyes. "You are a shitty, shitty person. There is no excusing what you just said to him, Kevin. You are hurting someone I love, and that's more than enough to make me hate you more than I already did."

"Wow. Having a little girl fight your battles, eh, mama's boy?" Kevin started laughing, making my eyes widen. I shook my head before throwing my fist in his face, which hit him square in the nose, which began spurting blood. I shook my hand as it began throbbing and aching from the hit.