CHAPTER 25: SEARCHING FOR BRENYA BLACK

Hope so! Hope so! muttered Johnson.

They left the city behind and entered through Basistha area. There was this Millitary hospital and some schools were also located. 

Entering on the left side from the hub bub of National Highway, the traffic was less and the the congestion seemed to be clearer except on special occasions like  festivals.

The road to Basistha area was not in extremely poor condition but it had seen better days.

After crossing all these crowded places, the terrain had started changing towards hillside.

The areas and the roads seemed to be in forever under construction.

There was this temple after crossing the millitary hospital infested with monkeys waiting for the faithfuls to give them bananas and other eatables.

In fact, if the vehicle was parked and opened, they come in stealthily and snatched the bags and squandered the belongings searching for food.

Then rushing out to the trees or the temple roof scampering showing their red and flashy backside.

Also the people living on the hillside areas of Pilangkata consisted mostly of mixed communities. They were Nagas, Mizos, Garos, Nepalese and Assamese.

Earlier the whole area was thickly forested area but suddenly many buildings came up and the whole place was converted to concrete jungle.

The whole area suddenly became valuable and within ten years the property rates were sky rocketed  hundred times costlier and many recently acquired pseudo rich started buying property here right upto inside Meghalaya.

The hillside falls under Meghalaya state and many enjoyed the dual residency benefits.

The cab taking Johnson rode right up to the Meghalaya portion and entered one double storied house with massive compound and high brickwalled fencing with a huge steel gate seemed to be manned by security guard and CC TV monitored.

Though the house looked rich and luxurious it was far from welcoming because of huge gate and brick walled as if some hideous monster would attack on entering.

Actually the house was luxuriously furnished and  never resembled millitant's hideout.

The cab entered the gates  of the compound and dropped him near the entrance of the house.

It seemed the cab driver was familiar with Jonjon and underground and perhaps in their payroll.

One tough looking guy wearing camouflage picked up his luggage and walked inside asking him to follow.

"Saab please come inside."

" Jonjon Bhai is waiting for you."

Johnson looked around the place having a rapid scan which was taught by Monk to be sure about the surrounding specially the contingency escape routes.

He found there were very few houses nearby and the compound was huge. He immediately recognised a bunker on the backyard of the house, typical hideout of any millitancy group and he was dead sure the house must be in the name of somebody connected with so and so in the society.

Jonjon was staying here comfortably meant, he was well protected by someone in power.

Johnson followed suit the guy and climbed up the staircase.

The house was surrounded by camouflaged guards all belonging to Tarantula group. They were holding kalanishkov guns and expert in short range shooting as well as long range.