Chapter 4 Brenya's Story

Bangkok...Inside the office room at Sixteenth Floor overlooking MBK Mall.

Brenya's room was spacious and nicely done with earth colours and the ceiling was painted with sky blue colour resembling the bright winter sky.

The sofa was all wooden nicely crafted  with oriental intricate designs  and the cushion was also blue contrasting with the ceiling. Beautiful green potted plants were kept bright and glowing and when the sun shine hits them, the reflection was like dancing trees.

The table was plain office table with small pen stand crafted from pure ivory in the shape of dolphin, which seemed to be coming out from the sea.

The professional revolving chair was of black teak wood and sturdy and durable.

You could see the whole market place of MBK mall where there was hustle bustle of people.
Bangkok at night time was colourful with myriads of stars and glitters with neon lights of different colours and you didn't know whether it was day or night.

The sound of Tuk Tuk was like whistling and
many were scrambling to ride on the Tuk Tuk.

.( Tuk Tuk was like improvised rickshaw which could be seen on the streets of Bangkok.)

The Sky train also served as the easiest transport for people specially the tourists because Sky train was cheaper than travelling by cab.

Brenya suddenly remembered the Tuk Tuk  ride with Johnson cuddling and romancing where the Lady boy who was riding the Tuk Tuk looked at Johnson and whistled and winked at him and said "Handsome."

Oops!

Why I'm thinking of Johnson.?? She scolded herself.

Brenya Black  plopped on the chair deeply in thought trying to figure out whether to trust the Indian Intelligence or not to pursue the Gun runner.

But she was sure if Johnson was caught other fishes would be in the net and she wanted to crack the Gun running mafia of South East Asia to contend millitants in North East India.

Cox Bazaar in Bangladesh was infamous market place for gun runners. Most of these arms were brought through Bangladesh from China and smuggled through porous Indian borders.

The forces manning the borders  were not strict enough and money could change  everyone.
No wonder Bangladeshi immigrants were creating chaos and law and order problem in India.

If Johnson was securely in the net, others were cake walk. In fact, the whole corridor of Gun running through Myanmar and Bangladesh could be monitored closely and put a full stop yo this deadly menace.

Johnson Reuben.....
How could she forget the handsome most sexiest man.
Her first lover...
How could you??? Johnson???

Still her eyes were covered with un-shed tears ready to fall like summer rain and she clutched her chest as if she was in extreme pain.

If he was shot not arrested then what?
No definite answer was coming to her mind and she was frustrated because she was confused thoroughly.

Made a fool of me??
Or he knew all along?
Then he played along???
To start from scratch.

Where do I start????

Brenya Black was the only child of Rosemary Mo and Stephen Black, born  in Hongkong and brought up in California. She did not remember much about Hongkong because they left when she was still a baby.

She came back to Hong Kong this year only on the foot heals of Gun runner.

Very nice place overlooking the sea and the only fear was during summer for typhoon which was very frequent.

She enjoyed the Ladie's Market bargaining for trinkets.
Johnson teased her saying,

"Heh! "

"Don't you feel bad for the poor woman selling her wares whole day?"

"Baby have some compassion on poor people. "

He pulled her hand and took out his purse and paid the two dollars.
She just pouted her mouth and snatched his purse.
Why all these thoughts were coming one after another she wondered and tried to brush them off to the back burner.

She was the second generation Chinese American, who didn't find any difficulty in adapting both American and Chinese way of living.

Her mother was Cantonese Chinese from Hong Kong who migrated to California after meeting Brenya's father Stephen Black who came on an oversees stint in the American Chartered Bank for a period of three years.

They were working together, two professionals in the same bank as Finance Managers trying to outdo each other for getting clients. Rosemary Mo had more advantage in Hongkong specially for Chinese clients than Stephen Black.

Sometimes when everything was completely opposite you could not stop the law of attraction. They fell in love and after a whirlwind romance of three months, she was pregnant with Brenya and quickly got married.

Every one was betting the marriage would not withstand the distance after Stephen's stint was over in Hongkong.

Marry in haste, Repent at leisure!
But they proved all the critics wrong  because Rosemary Mu aka Black followed Stephen to California when Brenya was still a toddler.

Black shining and thick glossy hair which reached upto her buttocks, Brenya was very fair   with slight freckles like Stephen. Her eyes were not chinky like Chinese but brown sparkling eyes like her father. Except for her straight and black hair like most of the Asian, she was totally American.

She stood at 5'11" height, tall for normal Asian girl. She was only 23 years old but she looked slightly older as if she was around 27 or 28 of age.

Good figure with curves at the right places and any sane guy  could not resist  her charm. In fact she could be called sexy.

Mostly dressed in jeans and pants to work Brenya looked stunning in other dresses also.

Like any other normal girl, she also wanted stable marriageable boyfriend and that too romantic story of they lived happily ever after.

But the reality was different and many girls it was never happily ever after.
With the economy meltdown and women empowerment, many countries gave emphasis to empowering women.

Hardly you find housewives who waited for the husband to be breadwinner.
In fact women excelled in many areas better than men.

Brenya was topmost in her field of investigation  and bringing the criminals for prosecution. In fact, she was specially assigned to bring an end to arms smuggling to third world countries aiding the terrorism.

She was given the full dossier of Gun Runner's  in East Asia specially North East India.
She saw the old photo of Johnson and studied his modus operandi thoroughly and could understand him and it was as if he was her soul mate.
6' 1" lanky with chinky eyes.

Burmese Naga....Oh sexy ! handsome, hot tempered but good lover.

Shit! Shit!

Why do I remember him so much....mentally she kicked herself.

Focus ! Focus!

Brenya.