16

//Claire's POV//
We had finally arrived in North Carolina after a long drive. It's a small house, one story and three bedrooms. Nothing compared to the mansion Mikey and I lived in. But it was cute. The guys helped us unload everything, and even unpack and set up a little.

"Okay, you two can do the rest of this later. We need to change Claire's hair, you both need new phones, and we'll go to the grocery store for you." One of the men said, reading off of a list he had in his hands. "We'll be staying right across the street." He says, jutting his thumb behind his shoulder. Mikey and I nod.

"I'm going to take y'all out to run your errands and show you around. But first we have to change your appearances. We know we told y'all that Mikey wouldn't have to, but we decided against it, just in case." He says. I can tell he's from around here, since he has sort of a southern accent. "And since we'll be neighbors for a little bit, we should probably get to know each other. I'm Andy." The burly man says.

Another muscular man steps up. "I'm Tyler." He holds his hand out for Mikey and I to shake.

"Hello, I'm Corey." A tall man with blond hair says. He reminds me of Andy Hurley, because he looks tough and mean, but when he speaks, he sounds so soft.

"I'm David." A shorter, but even more muscular man says. These guys are intimidating.

They already knew our names, of course, so we skipped straight to business. They handed me and Mikey some fake ID's, and some new clothes that did not match us.

But I have to say, Mikey actually looks good in pastel colors.

Next, we went to a nearby hair salon to change my hair color. I picked out a light pastel blue, almost matching Mikey's sweater. He looked to his sweater, then to my hair. "We look like Awsten Knight." He mumbled, making me laugh loudly.

"What's wrong with that?" I asked, smiling.

"Nothing. Just pointing it out." He replied, returning the grin and latching his hand onto mine.

"Alright, love birds, we need to get you two back inside. We don't need you getting spotted or anything." Andy says. Mikey and I nod, walking to the car, out intertwined hands swaying back and forth as we walk.

Once we make it back to our temporary home, we begin unpacking. It took about two hours to put everything into place, but in the meantime, we had no furniture or beds. Tyler and Corey were supposed to be going and getting some, but they left right after everyone was introduced to one another. So they've taken about three or four hours.

So now, Mikey and I were sitting on the carpeted living room of our new home.

Well, temporary home.

This is confusing.

There was already a TV, but no cable, so we were watching some odd channel about something I wasn't paying attention about.

"Are we allowed to go out without them?" Mikey asked, gesturing to the two men standing out on the front porch, leaning against the railing that outlined the small platform. One of them was animatedly talking, while the other was intently listening.

"I don't know, we'll have to ask. I sure hope so." I reply.

We got to tell our friends where we are, and what was happening. Of course, at first they were confused. But once everything was explained, they were understanding. Sort of.

Frank kept asking questions like, 'what's your favorite weapon to use?' 'Who was the hardest person to kill?' 'Why North Carolina? Why not Hawaii?'

Once Andy and David came back inside, Tyler and Corey had shown up, hauling the furniture into the house.

"Corey, you're scraping the crap out of the door." Tyler said, throwing his hands up into the air.

"Well, you're not helping me carry this thing," he said, gesturing to the large couch. "So I don't know how else to get it inside." Corey argued.

Mikey and I watched as they carried each and every piece of furniture into the house. From the black suede couches, to the king size beds that were fitted into the corner of every bedroom.

By the time everything was moved in, I was starving and Mikey was nowhere to be seen.

//Mikey's POV//

"Now, how am I going to pull this off, Gee? We're in witness protection and I'm planning on proposing? This is so dumb. I'm just not going to even do it." I rant to my brother over the phone.

"Mikes, don't get ahead of yourself here," he chuckles nervously as I run my hand through my hair. "It's going to be fine. How long did they say you'll be staying there?" He reasons. Well, tries to reason.

"About two months, but I just don't know if I can wait that long." I say, sitting on the edge of the bed that Claire and I will be sharing for the next two months.

"You can do it, Mikey. Why can't you propose while in North Carolina?" He asks.

"Because it's not part of the plan." I state.

"Ah, so you have everything planned out perfectly, huh?" He says, and I can hear the smile in his voice, making me grin.

"Yeah." I say.

"May I ask, what's the plan?" He asks.

"Just to propose at home." I say, grinning widely, knowing that my brother is going to push until he gets all the details.

"How?" He asks.

"Well, I was thinking- wait, I have to go. See ya, Gee!" I say, hanging up the phone. I did actually have to go, Claire was coming into the room.

"I'm getting hangry." She states, crossing her arms. I chuckle, getting up and grabbing her hand, leading her into the living room.

We asked if we could go out to eat, to which Andy replied yes.

Looks like it's date night.

I know what some of you are thinking. But the dude named Tyler is not Tyler Joseph. And the dude named Andy is not Andy Biersack skdkdjdk. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed!