2

Last night Mikey showed me around his house. It was huge. There were three floors, not including the enormous, but creepy basement or attic. There were nine bedrooms in total, and about seven bathrooms. There was a kitchen on every floor and huge lofts on the second and third floors.

When I woke up this morning, I immediately smelled bacon. I jumped up and ran downstairs to find Mikey cooking. He's really cute when he's just woken up. He's really cute anyway.

He turns around to face me and catches me staring. I quickly turn to my left. I see him smirk out of the corner of my eye.

"Good morning." I say, grinning. He turns to me and waves, also grinning.
"Whatcha cooking?" I ask, even though I already know. He arches one eyebrow and gives me a knowing look, making me giggle.

"You've got bed-head." I laugh. I had my blonde hair pulled into a bun, so he couldn't say anything.

He quickly brushes his dark hair back with his hand, making his hair fall into place.

"No!" I giggle. "It was cute." I say. I see him turn back to the stove, with red-tinted cheeks. I can't help but grin. I walk over to him and mess his hair up once again.

We sit down at the table and eat. "So, if you don't mind me asking, how did you become mute? Were you born that way or...?" I trail off.

He grabs a piece of paper and a pencil. He writes something, his hands shaking and eyes tearing up.

Selective mute. I watched my parents get murdered when I was six. It really messed me up. So I decided since I can't trust people, why even talk to them?

"I'm so sorry. That's terrible. I hate bad people." I'm one to talk.
He nods and goes back to eating. "Thank you so much for letting me stay." I say, finishing up. He grins, and nods. I stand up and grab my plate, along with his since he was done. "But I should probably get out of your hair now."

Where will you go?

The paper he slides to me reads. "I don't know. Probably..." I think for a second. "I don't know." I repeat.

You can stay here as long as you want.

I smile. "I'd love to, but I don't want to be a bother."

You'd never bother me. You make me happy. If you want to stay, you can. My brother is coming over today.

"Okay. I'll stay." I smile. Mikey grins, gets up, and hugs me tightly. I was a bit surprised at first, but I hugged him back. That was one of the best feelings ever.

We sat down on the couch in the living room, Mikey turning on the TV.
"When's your brother coming?" I ask. Mikey holds up three fingers. I nod my head, turning my attention back to the TV. I look at my phone, it was two in the afternoon, and I had twenty three messages from my boss.
I. Am. Dead. Mikey and I watch a movie for a little while, until we hear a knock at the door.

"Is that your brother?" I ask. Mikey looks through the peephole and nods. He opens the door to reveal a man, maybe around twenty five years old, with bright, blood red hair. He looks like a stop sign.

"Hey Mikey!" He says, his voice cheery. They hug and he ruffles Mikey's hair. He steps inside and takes one look at the house. "Wow, it's still the exact same after all this time." Mikey nods. His brother looks over to me, and somehow, smiles bigger. His face is going to rip in half. "Who might you be?" He turns to Mikey and smirks. Mikey blushes and I grin.

"Claire. And you?"

"Gerard." He says, his smirk turning back to his huge, slightly crooked smile. "So how did you two meet?" He asks. My smile drops. Mikey fumbles to get his notepad.

Let's talk about that later

Gerard nods his head. We sit back down in a semi-comfortable silence.

Gerard turns to me. "You look really familiar, you know?" I could say the same thing for him, but I just couldn't put my finger on it. I just make a confused face.

"Really?" I ask. Gerard nods his head quickly. Mikey leans over and looks at me, studying my facial features, as does Gerard. They shrug, and pay attention to the TV.

After a few hours, Gerard leaves and it's just me and Mikey. He pulls out his phone and I get a glimpse of his homescreen. That's who they are!

My parents murdered theirs.