13

If you already read the last chapter recently, please go and read the ending again. I made some slight changes!

There was a sharp pain in my ribcage. I tried staying awake as long as I could, but I couldn't stand the greatly overbearing pain. As I fall to the ground, I hear my name being called, and one more gunshot. I hope that wasn't Mikey.

Mikey's POV
Claire was cut off by a gunshot, straight to her chest.

"Claire!" I yell.

In one swift motion, I turn back to Daniel and shoot him right in the head.

"I can't believe I just did that." I whisper to myself.

I rush over to Claire, who is lying on the floor, unconscious. I squat down beside her, shaking her shoulders gently.

"Claire, please wake up." I say.

A spot just below her chest was bleeding. I hop up and grab my phone, quickly dialing 9-1-1.

"9-1-1, what's your emergency?" The operator answers.

"My girlfriend has just been shot, by, um, an intruder." I stutter, trying not to tell anything that I shouldn't be telling.

"Okay, just stay calm. What is the intruder doing at the moment?" The operator asks. I look at the ground, to see a dead Daniel.

"He killed himself." I lie, once again.

The things you do for the people you love.

"We've sent an ambulance and some police officers to your house, okay? Just stay where you are. Where in your home are you right now?" She asks.

"Second floor, fourth door on the left." I respond. There was a knock on the door downstairs.

"Everyone should be there now." She says.

"Yeah, I heard a knock on the door." I say. We hang up and I dash downstairs.

"Hello, sir. What's your name?" One of the officers ask. The paramedics dash through the door, and up the stairs.

"Mikey." I answer quietly.

"Mikey, can you tell us what happened?" He asks.

"This guy busts into the house, and my girlfriend and I ran upstairs. He cornered us in the room, pointing guns at us. He had one in each hand, and a hammer, and a few other weapons. I was trying to protect my girlfriend by standing in front of her, but he shot her, then killed himself." Almost everything that was coming out of my mouth is a lie. But I could barely process what I was saying, through the worry that was overcoming my mind and body about Claire.

"Okay, sir-" the officer started, but I cut off his sentence.

"Is she going to be okay?" I ask, bouncing my leg out of habit when I'm anxious.

"I can't give you a straight answer right now, Mikey, but don't lose hope. She probably will, so don't worry too much." He said, patting my shoulder. I nod, fiddling with my hands and focusing on anything and everything in the room to take my mind off what is happening.

They rushed Claire and Daniel down the stairs on stretchers.

"Can I ride in the back of the ambulance with my girlfriend? Please?" I ask one of the paramedics. The paramedic nods her head, and I hop into the back of the ambulance.

The entire way there, they were working on her; stopping the bleeding, and patching her up. I held her hand the entire time, not letting go. I didn't want to. I was afraid to.

They basically fixed her up before we even got to the hospital, but they had to remove the bullet once we got to the hospital.

I was currently sitting next to her bed in the hospital room as visitors were coming in and out.

First, Gerard, Lindsey, Frank, and Ray came in to see her. She wasn't awake yet, but they were talking to her. Every now and then her hand would move, but the nurses said it's only a twitch.

After our friends left, her boss and some ex co-workers came in to see her, and thank me. At first, I was confused.

"Why are you thanking me?" I ask.

"You killed Daniel. He's been a big target for a long time." Her boss says.

"Oh." Is all I could utter out.

Once they were done visiting, they left her and I alone, in silence. It was almost deafening, but comfortable at the same time. I guess because she looks so peaceful, but then again, I wanted to say something. But I didn't know what to say. I wanted to have a conversation with her, or tell her I love her, but I wanted a response.

All I could do was sit there and stare at the wall, listening to the beeping of her heart monitor. Eventually, I fell asleep.

Claire's POV
I heard everything that everyone was saying. I wanted to respond so badly, but I couldn't. I squeezed Mikey's hand a few times, but the doctors and the nurses passed it off as twitches. I was honestly getting mad. I felt Mikey lay his head on my arm, and soon heard and felt his breath steadying as he falls asleep.

I'm so bored.

I gathered the strength to open my eyes, but shut them quickly and tightly with the bright lights almost blinding me.

"Mikey." I barely whisper. He jolts awake and sees that I'm also awake. I send him a small smile as he gets up, calling in a nurse.

They rush into the room, taking the IV out if my arm, and bringing me food.

Gerard, Lindsey, Frank, Ray, Shane, Liz, and Mr. McCoy came to visit once they heard that I awoke.

They crowded my bed as I tried to sit up. As I tried pushing myself up, the sharp pain that was already in my lower chest flared with pain. I winced, and Mikey told me to lay back down and handed me the remote for the bed.

"So, what exactly happened?" Frank asked.

Mikey explained everything, including the one secret I once pushed down for no one to know, was now being told to my best friends. I sat in anticipation as Mikey explained everything to them, hoping it wouldn't change their veiw of me.

They sat there, a look of shock and astonishment planted onto their face.

Gerard, of course, knew about everything already, and was trying to talk to them and make sure they won't hate me, as was Mikey.

"She does everything for a good reason, guys. Just like her parents." Mikey said, looking down at his lap. I squeezed his hand, trying to somewhat comfort him.

"Okay. So, let me get this straight. Your parents killed their parents, because their parents set fire to an orphanage." Frank said.

"That's exactly, word for word, what I just said, Frank." Gerard said, rolling his eyes.

"I don't think I could picture you doing something bad if I tried." Ray chuckled.

"Well, it isn't technically bad, since I took out bad people, and not just random innnocent ones." I explained.

They nod their heads, still trying to process everything.

They took it a lot better than I thought they would, mainly shocked that Mikey was the one who killed Daniel.

Finally, a nurse came in to tell us that I could go home. We gathered our things, checked out, and left.

"So, what do you guys want to do?" Mikey asked. They all shrugged.

"Let's go to the arcade." Gerard suggests, a smug look on his face. I heard that he's competitive.

This ought to be fun.

----------------------------------------
I told you it'd be long.

Hope you enjoyed!!