3

Do you want to go somewhere today?

I read off the sheet of paper lying in front of me, feeling Mikey watch me as I think. "Sure." I say as we smile. I head upstairs, getting dressed. I borrowed Mikey's clothes until I could get more. I probably will today, if we go to any stores. I have about two hundred and fifty dollars with me, which I had taken from my last kill.

"Are we ready?" I ask, meeting Mikey at the bottom of the stairs. He smiles, nods, and takes my hand. We walk out the door, but I take my hand out of his. I can't do this. Last night, I told my boss everything. To kill Mikey, I'd get a lot of money. And if I don't kill Mikey, I'm dead. Literally. My boss knows my parents assassinated theirs. I know that I have no chance with Mikey now, and I have to kill him, I just can't. We get to our destination, which I guessed right about, the mall. As soon as we get in there I see a face that I almost expected to see. I yanked Mikey into a hair salon. He pulls out his phone, typing something. I get a text. From Mikey, it reads

What are we doing here?

I get an idea that will help me not be seen. "Do you think I should dye my hair?" I ask him. He shrugs, smiling. "What color?" I ask him. He thinks for a second, then points to the purple shirt I'm wearing, and I smile. "Purple?" He nods excitedly.

Once we get out of there, I almost look like a different person. Almost. We walk into a tattoo and piercing shop. Mikey decides he wants to get his lip pierced. I get a text.

Let's get matching piercings.

I look up to see Mikey grinning widely. "Okay." I say nonchalantly, even though I'm terrified. Mikey must have noticed and grabs my hand.

It was over quickly and not as painful as I thought it would be. It was still painful. I looked totally different and wouldn't be recognized. Maybe Mikey won't like this version of me. It'll be easier to get the job done.

We went to eat at some resturant inside the mall. It smelled so good. It's been a while since I really had a proper meal other than the past couple of mornings. We were sat in booths and Mikey was texting me.

Do you want to get clothes after this? There are a few here that I think you'd like, judging by what you're wearing.

I laugh. "Mikey, remember, these are your clothes. I'm not interested in anything from Hot Topic." I say. His shoulders shake in silent laughter.

Sorry about that. Brain fart.

I giggle. Our food comes and we dig in. "Oh my goodness this is delicious." I rave. Mikey looks at me and smirks as I shovel food into my mouth. "What?" I say with my mouth full of food. He smiles and shakes his head. "What is it?" I ask once again, laughing. He pulls out his phone.

Nothing. You're just really pretty. :)

I giggle and shove more food into my mouth, trying to compose myself and cover the obvious blush on my cheeks.

When we get done eating, Mikey shows me to a few stores, such as Belk, Rue 21, and Maurice's. I got a few outfits and some shoes.

I told Mikey I would buy my stuff but he put his hand in front of my face and swiped his card before I could do anything about it. Once we were done at the mall we get back into the car.

"I'm going to give you that money back. And I don't care if you don't want it." I say, smirking. Mikey grins and shakes his head. He pulls out his phone. "No texting while driving." I say jokingly, while he rolls his eyes. He types for a moment, and my phone dings.

I paid because I want you to stay with me.

"Why does that make you need to pay?" I ask. He types some more.

Please? Move in with me.

My eyes widen at the text. I look to Mikey, who's facial expression was pleading.

I'm lonely.

"Okay. I'll move in with you." He grins widely, doing some kind of weird dance in his seat. I giggle, and roll my eyes.

Thank you. He mouths to me.

Looks like I'll have to text my boss.