12

I explained everything to Mikey as we were cleaning shards of glass off the stairs.

"Jeez. This is too crazy." He says, sighing.

"I'm sorry. I hate that I dragged you into this in the first place." I say, a frown plastered onto my face.

"It's okay. If you didn't drag me into this, then we never would've met." He half smiles.

As we finish cleaning up, we hear a knock at the door.

I look through the peephole, grab Mikey's arm, and drag him upstairs.

"He's here." I whisper, once we get into one of the guest bedrooms. "Let me go grab a gun." I say. Mikey nods and plops down on the bed.

I get to the closet of our bedroom and grab a gun. I slowly and softly walk back to the door of the bedroom, headed back to where Mikey is, when I hear the door getting kicked down.

"I know you're here, Claire!" He shouts from downstairs. It sounds like he's in the kitchen. I run and grab another gun for Mikey, just in case. I dash for the guest bedroom that we were hiding in and shut and lock the door.

I hand Mikey the gun. "It's loaded." I tell him. We hear crashing downstairs. "We literally just cleaned. Are you serious?" I mutter to myself.

"That's what you're worried about right now?" Mikey asks, clearly confused.

"Yes, because then we'll have more glass to clean up, and a dead body." I explain.

I hear Mikey chuckle and smile. I can't believe he actually likes me, especially with all this going on.

"Come on! Where are you? You're dead when I find you!" He yells, coming up the stairs.

"Why would I show myself if I know he's going to kill me?" I whisper.

"You're the only person in the world to make jokes at a time like this." Mikey whispers from beside me.

"I love you, Mikey." I say.

"I love you, too, Claire." Mikey smiles.

The door busts down to reveal Daniel, with a baseball bat and a hammer.

Mikey steps in front of me, holding up his gun, shakily. "Back up." He says firmly. Daniel takes one step back. "Now drop your weapons." Mikey says. Daniel drops his weapons to the ground. "Now put your hands up." Daniel raises his hands, smirking. "What are you smiling at?" Mikey spits.

"Your poor attempt to protect your girlfriend." He says.

"How exactly is this poor?" Mikey asks.

"Even if you get rid of me now, I'll be back." Daniel grins.

"Not if I shoot you." Mikey spits once more. I was taken back at how he was acting. It was actually really cool to see him act like this, since he's always so nice.

"You wouldn't shoot me." Daniel egged Mikey on.

"If you come near her, I will." Mikey says.

Daniel smirks, taking one step forward. Mikey turns the safety off. Daniel takes one more step forward. Mikey puts his finger on the trigger. Daniel takes one more step forward. So does Mikey. I pull my gun out, just in case.

"I know Claire will kill me, but I doubt you will." Daniel pushes.

"Just shoot him. He's wanted. He's done bad things, and killed people. If you don't, I will." I tell Mikey.

"I can't." Mikey says.

Daniel takes a step forward once more and yanks one of the guns off the bed.

"Daniel, can you just set the gun down-" I was cut off by a gunshot.

----------------------------------------

So. I know it's short. But the next one is going to be long. Also, what do you think happened?

Thanks for reading I guess 👍