Chapter 17: A time of Rest

A/N: I hope you guys still like this book because I think my Marines in Remnant story is getting more popular. But tell if I should keep this story going cause I'm losing motivation for it.

Any way lets get on with it!

==============================================================================

Date: August 18, 1944

Location: somewhere in the Pacific ocean on a transport boat on the way Peleliu

Team RWBY and Summer were currently on a transportation on route to another island they and the Marines were going to have to take and secure for a base. However the war was having affects on the 4 members of team RWBY, having killed so many Japanese soldiers that didn't surrender and they only took a few Prisoners and some of them faked surrendered and tried to kill more Marines and Team RWBY was their to stop them by kicking back the grenades and killing the enemy soldiers. 

Of course it wasn't easy to live with killing enemy soldiers who basically wanted to die and it really stuck to the girls that there is no Glory in war. But Summer and Team RWBY's friends in the Marine Corps were there always trying to comfort the girls. But at times the 5 girls needed to be alone unless something important was to be presented to them. 

"Sigh...I wonder where were being shipped to now." Ruby sighed as she laid down on her Bunk as her team mates and her Mom were in their Bunks with the other Marines.

"Who knows Ruby." Yang Replied as she checks her watch. "I hope this War is getting to the end soon, as much as I like hanging out with some of the boys here I just want it to stop."

"What's the matter Yang?" A Marine Private asked. "Can't stand being around so many Hot guys?" A few other Marines laughed and oohhed at the Marines Comment.

"No, I just think I need my space." Yang Answered. "Along with the rest of my team here."

"Yeah I would agree." Blake agreed. Blake was currently reading a LIFE magazine and found a Picture of Team RWBY fighting along side the Marines on Tarawa. Blake also had her Bow off because after she was found to not be human the Marines and the others found it very surprising, but that didn't bother the Marines or their Superiors so she was allowed to stay with the Marines.

She then Read the article about it and said how the Marines were fighting the Japanese on Tarawa, but didn't say anything about team RWBY in general. That's odd, I thought they would talk about us more.' Blake thought to herself.

"Ugh, I wish some of the guys would stop trying to hit on us." Weiss complained. "Its getting annoying." 

"Well Weiss we just have to deal with it." Ruby reasoned. "So Mom what about you?"

"What about me Gem?" Summer asked as she looked at Ruby.

"How is it that the Marine recruiters didn't mind you Joining the Corps and becoming a corpsman?" Ruby asked.

"Well the Pay was better then the average infantry rifleman and I wanted to save lives." Summer replied. "I knew it wasn't going to be easy and I knew I had a important job when it came to saving lives." 

"Wow, that's.....very nice of you Mom." Ruby said think that her Mother would never have such a important job. 

"Well at first they didn't think I would make it through the training because I was a women." Summer explained and the Members of Team RWBY Listened carefully. "But I surprised them as I passed through the training no problem, with learning the basic medical training."

"Well its great to help out the injured and to make sure they make it back alive, Mrs. Rose." Weiss replied.

"Oh you don't have to call me Mrs. Rose Weiss, you can call me Summer." Summer replied. She then noticed Ruby writing in a little journal. "What are you writing about Ruby?"

"Oh, I'm just writing about what we do everyday, just our daily duties." Ruby answered as she kept writing. "I even wrote about the time where we met you on Saipan."

"Well that's interesting of you to write everyday." Summer said. "Are you gonna publish your writing?"

"I don't know." Ruby replied. She wasn't sure how other people would react to her perspective of the war that was going on. 

"Well I'm pretty sure you will have plenty of time to think about it." Yang said. "Besides when this wars over well go out with a YANG!" The rest of the girls groaned at Yang's comment. But a few of the other Marines laughed a little at the Pun. 

"I guess you have Taiyang's puns." Summer laughed. "That's funny, how was he and Qrow doing the last time you saw them before you got transported here?"

"Well After you had quote on quote "died" Qrow has been drinking a lot getting drunk and Raven hasn't come back since...well you know." Summer then looked down in anger knowing that Raven had not come back even after so long.

"I'm going to beat them up so bad their gonna have to beg for mercy." Summer said coldly. "To think that Raven doesn't care about you makes me mad." Summer now had new thoughts in her mind that she was going to have to teach the Branwen siblings. "And I'm gonna have Qrow stop his drinking a lot."

"Good luck with that, he drinks a lot." Yang stated.

"Well that's not gonna stop me from getting him off drinking." Summer replied while clenching her right fist.

'I wonder if Jaune and the others are okay.' Ruby thought to herself.

With Jaune and Team JNPR.....

"Achoo!" Jaune sneezed.

"You okay Jaune?" Pyrrha asked as the 2 walked in a hallway of a building.

"Yeah, I just though somebody said my name." Jaune Replied. "I can't believe we got assigned this mission."

"Well at least we have the entire French resistance here with us." Pyrrha stated as she opened a cellar door leading into a command room of one of the French resistance bases in Paris.

"Ah nice of you 2 to join us." A French resistance member said. "Your other friends are over there." He pointed out Ren, Nora and few other us Soldiers around a table of Maps with some other resistance members talking over strategy to take back Pair from the Nazi's.

"This is going to be a long night." Jaune stated and he was right.

===========================================================================

and done with another chapter!

Hope you guys like it

stay tuned for more!