Chapter 16: Holding the Town Part 2

The sound of Machine gun fire can be heard from the returning bait crew from the rabbit coming back to the town.

"There's a lot of infantry captain not sure if they took the bait though." Private Reiben said as the rest of them stood up slightly so they were barely exposed from close up. They also had their weapons pointed at the kill box street. The squeaking sound of Panzer tracks could be heard in the distance coming closer. Then a Panzer Self-propelled gun stopped for a moment and then went pass the kill box street.

"Panzer's  didn't take the bait." Miller said as he looked up toward Jackson in the tower. "Infantry's moving to the left." 

"Half-track just went by with about 20 troops." Ryan said as Miller turned his attention back to the main street. Then a tiger tank almost passed the intersection when the commander looked down the road and decided to head down it approaching the kill box. Behind the tiger tank was about 20 or so men the was the tigers escort. Team JNPR was shocked when they saw the tiger tank coming there way as they knew it was a tough tank to knock out with a bazooka in training.

Then as soon as the tiger passed where the mines were Private Toynbe then triggered the switch and the mines exploded and killed most of the infantry behind the tiger. The both .30 Cal machine guns made quick work with the remaining German infantry that tried to get around the tiger but were killed.  

"Mellish, Henderson Displace!" Miller yelled as a airborne soldier tried to plant a sticky bomb on the side of the tiger but he accidently blew himself up. "You! Do it now! Light it up! You light it!" Then 2 other soldiers lit their sticky bombs. Miller then looked up at Jackson and looked at his hand signals. "30 infantry on the right flank! Get over there, find a hole, and stop them! Displace!" The tiger tank the turned its turret to try and kill the machine gun crew but it hit the building and Henderson, Mellish, and Upham ran to a close by building and set up the Machine gun there.

Team JNPR meanwhile was helping the rest of captain Miller's squad dealing with German infantry soldiers and Jaune with his BAR was a really big help as he was able to mow down most of them. The as soon as the tiger was close enough the airborne soldiers put their sticky bombs on the tigers suspension wheels and then took cover to avoid the explosion. The sticky bombs exploded and then the tracks of the tiger blew off and stopped the tiger in its tracks. Then team JNPR saw a self-propelled gun  coming up behind the tiger but the back end exploded when the other guys threw Molotov's into the back of it killing its crew.

Then a few airborne soldier got onto the tiger tank and the commander stuck his head and opened the hatch only to be shot in the face by a airborne soldier. Then 3 of them threw a grenade into the tiger killing the rest of its crew. Jaune was next to the tiger with his Bazooka out and ready.

"20mm!" one of the soldiers said and Jaune looked and saw German 20mm anti-personal canon being pointed at the soldiers. Jaune then put the bazooka's sights on the 20mm and then pulled the trigger and sent a rocket right at the cannon and blew it and its crew to pieces saving the lives of the soldiers on the tiger. The soldiers then got off the tank and then went back into cover and then more German soldiers came around the corner and started shooting at the Americans. 

"Fall back!" Miller said as he, Team JNPR and the rest of the soldiers fell back closer to the bridge. Then Pyrrha heard Mellish saying Upham from the building she was passing. She then saw Upham standing half-way up the stairs looking scared. Pyrrha then ran pass him up the stairs and saw that Henderson had been shot in the neck and Mellish was tangling with a German soldier who was trying to stab Mellish with a knife. Pyrrha then ran up to the German soldier and pulled him off Mellish and threw him into a wall. The German soldier hit the wall and didn't get back up.