Chapter One - Ring

Start from the beginning

After a few minutes, she stepped out of the shower clean and fully awake. She dried herself off and walked out of the restroom and back into her room to put on fresh clothes and fresh perfume. Her favorite scent was of Lilies as it was her favorite flower. Her favorite color as to what her friends thought wasn't Black at all; it was Purple like one of her eyes. 

The color blended with her hair, so she liked to wear clothing that would match. As usual for some of her mornings, she spent time trying to figure out which set of glasses she should wear, this was normal for herself, but given that she needed to leave in a bit, she just settled on her normal black colored ones. She quickly went throughout the apartment, tidying up and grabbing her belongings.

She walked outside of the apartment and turned around to face the door. She quickly jotted something down on the paper. 'Please sell or donate what I couldn't take with me. I have no more use for them, and they would be more useful to someone else.' She left some furniture that wasn't permanent; like her bed which sinks into the floor. The dressers she used were also permanent. Everything else that she sold beforehand left her with some pocket change, so even then it didn't matter whether she sold the rest.

She walked out to her car where everything was now packed up in. It didn't look very big, but her car was a four door sedan, and before she even moved in, she didn't have much stuff with her to begin with. She stood in front of her car and placed her hand on the door's window and waited for it to accept it. Once it did, she opened the door to the rather expensive car. The inside the car was very neat and clean, and there was no sign of and kind of trash anywhere, except for her stuff that she had in the backseat, being her belongings..

She sat down inside and sighed, and then she started up the car, checking that the energy gauge was at least half-full in the meantime. Everything was already to go, everything except her... "Shit..." She said to herself, she panicked as she left her I.D. inside her apartment. She quickly got out of her car and ran into her apartment searching for it. It took her a few minutes, but once she found it, she checked that her name was correct. "Yuki Kami, check." She said to herself, and ran back outside.

Getting back into her car, she closed the door and made sure she could see out of the rear-view window. With all her pre-checks, she started to reverse out of her parking spot and began to leave the large industrial-looking complex. Once she had gotten past all of the other cars in the lot, she finally got onto the road. Her life finally felt like it began, she felt free and felt like a real adult now. Now she could live her life as she wanted too.

In the Afternoon...

The morning sun was bright and a usual color of gold that you'd expect for the almost fall-like weather, the climate of this area of the NEF is akin to the Midwest of the Union. The roadways were surprisingly clear for this time of day; normally it'd be full with many cars and trucks that would line the roadway hoping to get into the lane they needed to be in, backed up for who knows how long. Whoever was driving right now was in for a good clearance to move along.

Yuki sat in her car as she switched to AC on; she was starting to sweat from sitting in the car without it. It was only 78 degrees outside but to her, it was excruciatingly hot. She sighed as she watched the traffic ahead of her, it was slightly backed up, but it wasn't too bad. She knew that the lights would turn in a matter of minutes, but noticing that an ambulance just passed her, this means that this could turn into a problem for her. Sighing, she moved her car to the next lane from where she was, looking behind her to make sure that no one was coming.

Sighing she took a different route from what she should be taking, but given her circumstances, it was necessary that she didn't waste time. She remembered a teacher always telling her that "Time was money", an old saying in her point of view, and perhaps maybe it was like that. Maybe this world was moved by an odd force such as money, or moved by the daily work or people, or moved by something that she couldn't yet comprehend. Perhaps she still was a girl in a mysterious world, or maybe she wasn't the only one that felt like this. She sighed and turned on the radio, she didn't want to think too deeply about such matters. She'd rather concentrate on the road.