◌ thirty two

a sneeze is what woke him up the next morning

a sneeze is what woke him up the next morning. opening his eyes, he found himself laying across the couch. y/n wasn't in sight, and he sat up to find her behind the island in the kitchen. a tissue was held up to her nose as another sneeze came.

she noticed movement in the corner of her eye and sniffled.

"shit, sorry," she sheepishly smiled. "did i wake you up?"

felix giggled. "no, no, you're fine. what time is it?"

"almost eleven."

his eyes widened and he began to gather all of his things.

"i have to go, but i'll call up chan hyung to take care of you," felix said.

"it's okay! i'm fine," y/n protested to which felix shook his head.

without looking up from his phone, he replied, "you're sick. i wish i could stay and look after you but minho hyung would kill me if i missed another practice."

he held the phone up to his ear and waited for chan to pick up, preventing y/n from refusing any more.

"hyung!"

while felix talked to chan, y/n went to the bathroom to look for medicine she could take. the call lasted for only a minute or two, so when she returned with no luck of finding what she needed, felix was tying the plastic bag from the previous night.

"i'll wait with you until he gets here since it'll only be a bit."

"alright."

it didn't take long for the oldest of the friends to arrive. when he showed up at the door, he held a plastic bag similar to the one felix had from last night.

"take care of yourself," felix said while hugging y/n. "i'll see you later!"

on his way out, felix thanked chan for showing up so quickly on such short notice.

"it's fine, i'm off today anyway. now go to practice before minho starts blowing your phone up," chan replied.

the door shut behind the australian boy and chan looked at y/n. he walked over and put the back of his hand against her forehead.

"you're really burning up," he frowned. "go rest in bed and i'll be there with medicine and food."

but she only shook her head, "it's okay, really—"

"y/n. you're sick. now go."

with a soft pat on her head, chan went to the kitchen and left her no choice but to oblige. while she trudged over to her bedroom, she let out a yawn, only to earn herself a coughing fit.

"are you okay?" chan's voice called.

y/n softly smiled at his concern. "i'm good!"

she continued to tuck herself in bed and wrap her arms around one of the pillows. her eyes closed as she waited for chan and her breathing calmed, falling into a light nap.

he held a brown, wooden tray in his hands. a bowl full of ramen, a mug of tea, and a box that contained medicine filled up the space on the tray.

chan's face flushed at the sight of y/n sleeping so adorably. he put the tray on top of the table beside her bed and sat next to her. his hand unconsciously reached to play with her hair, moving the loose strands away from her face.

he called her name in a hushed voice. it hadn't been long since she had fallen asleep, so it wasn't hard to wake her up.

her eyes fluttered open and she blinked a few times to get rid of the blurriness.

"good morning," chan joked. "you hungry?"

"very."

despite y/n being completely able to eat on her own, chan suggested that he feed her so she could relax. he ended up giving her spoonfuls of the ramen after instructing her to swallow a pill until the bowl was basically empty. hotaru had come back some time during then and was now curled up on his own bed.

they laid together with y/n's laptop open while they watched an animated movie. chan took notice of how her eyes struggled as she was getting sleepier by the second.

he outstretched his arm behind her, offering it to her as a substitute for an actual pillow. y/n, too tired to comprehend anything, laid her head on him and draped her arm around his abdomen.

with a quiet chuckle, he had made a mental wish to himself.

he didn't wanna ever leave her side.