◌ thirty one

y/n shot up in bed, alarming hotaru in the process

y/n shot up in bed, alarming hotaru in the process. her breathing was heavy as the pup nudged his head against her clenched fist. letting her tensed hand relax, y/n gave hotaru a weak smile and petted his head.

she reached over to the bedside table and unplugged her phone, checking the time.

2:41am

knowing she wouldn't be able to fall asleep any time soon, y/n swung her legs over the edge of the bed.

"hey, aru," she said in a quiet voice, turning her head to him. "i'll go take a walk for a little bit. i know you're tired, so you'll stay home, okay?"

hotaru walked over to the pile of pillows by the headboard and crawled under the blanket, peeking his head out. y/n chuckled and got up to head over to her closet.

after getting dressed in warm clothes, she grabbed the bare minimum of what was necessary and left. while her feet took her to wherever they desired, she glanced down at her trembling hands.

right when i thought they had stopped, she frowned, thinking back at the nightmare she had woken up from.

her hands were now stuffed into the pocket of her hoodie as she passed by closed shops and a vacant playground. then, a cold drop fell upon her nose, making her look up at the sky. before she knew it, rain started pouring down onto her.

"are you kidding me?" y/n huffed and looked around for shelter.

the only lit up place nearby was the convenience store and once it came into her view, she made a beeline towards it. with her hair on the verge of being soaked, y/n pushed the entrance doors open and was immediately greeted by the air conditioning.

"y/n?" a deep voice called from a short distance away.

the said girl looked to her right. "felix?"

"are you okay?" he asked, approaching her.

"y-yeah," y/n nodded. "why are you here?"

felix lifted up the basket in his right hand and gestures towards all of the snacks and drinks inside.

"for tomorrow's movie night," he answered. "are you alone?"

once again, y/n moved her head up and down in a nod. the corners of felix's mouth fell as he took in her profile. she was obviously freezing, and without much thought (because if he overthought it, he would have pussied out), his free hand enveloped one of hers.

"are you hungry or anything? get whatever you want," he offered.

y/n gratefully smiled at the taller boy, and after grabbing a small, plastic bottle with banana milk, felix and her went up to the cashier to pay. throughout the entire time, felix hadn't let go of y/n's hand, nor did he want to.

"thank you," she said, quietly.

he simply squeezed her hand and smiled down at her. "let's get you home now."

because he had taken chan's car, the two ended up driving back to y/n's place.

☾☾☾

felix and y/n sat beside each other on the living room floor, their backs leaning against the sofa. hotaru had fallen asleep (once again) just behind them. y/n sipped on the banana milk through the transparent straw, felix sipping on his coca cola. she had gotten dried off and changed into warm pajamas.

"it's getting late, you should sleep soon," he spoke, about to stand up from his spot.

y/n quickly grabbed ahold of the hem of the shirt that stuck out from under his sweater.

"wait—" she stopped him. "can you.. stay the night?"

felix recalled her talking about the nightmare she had and his heart softened.

"of course."

he tugged her up only to sit back down on the sofa, pulling y/n along. her back was against his chest as he circled his arms around her. the television in front of them played a random cartoon as felix felt the girl relax in his embrace.

"goodnight, cutie."