001 Forget About Me | J Cole

Based off an unfinished story of mine.
Remade it.
"Mama what are we doing here?"

I finally understood what this surprise she spoke of was and I wasn't happy about it. There was a line of people wrapped around the building to see a nigga who I never wanted to see again.

"Just come on."

She approached someone who I'm guessing is his security guard and they shared a hug and a handshake.

"Ma. No."

"You're 23. Act your age. Now knock."

I knocked quietly hoping he didn't hear me.

"Come in." His voice boomed from behind the door, I missed him

My mom pushed the door open for me but I didn't move. It couldn't look at him. I hung my head down and walked away just as he spoke.

"Hello?" He sounded confused

I walked off back towards the parking lot. I heard my mom call my name but I didn't stop moving, I just peeked back at her. Jermaine was standing there with her. He knew who I was now.

He called after me too but after getting response he came after me.

"Liyah slow down. Where you been?"
"Where have I been? Where have you been?"

I couldn't believe this. After him leaving me for seven years he's acting like everything is fine. It's not, so much happened while he was away. I needed him.

I couldn't even hold a stare with him. All these years of being treating my sadness as anger is breaking right now. I couldn't keep the tears behind my eyes any longer.

"Aaliyah, I'm sorry." He tried to wrap his arms around me but I wouldn't allow it

"No. Don't touch me." 
Pushed him away from me and he took a step back and stuffed his hands in his pockets. I knew he didn't have tome for this but neither did I.

"Cole!" The crowd behind us was getting a it out of hand and he had to be back inside soon

"I'm coming!.... now what liyah?"

I took off walking and soon heard him walk away. I didn't know what to do now. I was fine with everything buried but my mom just opened Pandora's box. I'm going through this heartbreak all over again.
-
"Mom I told you I didn't want to see him. Why did you have to do that?"
"I'm sorry baby. I thought since you're older and would understand why he left and forgive him."
"It's been 7 years. 3 albums and all type of other shit, Mama. It's past the point of forgiveness."

I cut the music up not wanting to continue this conversation. I wanted to go home and be by myself.
-
"I'll be back later to check up on you honey."
My mom was leaving, I didn't want to be upset with her but she didn't respect my wishes and now I'm hurt

Having him so close again sparked many emotions that I swore I'd never feel for him again.

*ding ding*
I figured my Mama had left something so I opened the door and walked into the kitchen.

"What'd you leave Ma?"
"Aaliyah talk to me please."

I shook my head.
I missed him so much. When he left I wasn't myself, he was apart of my happiness when I was younger whether he knew it or not. I was so in love with him.

"No. Please go."
"Aaliyah."
"Jermaine please. I don't want to get upset."
"Tell me why you hate me so much? I know I didn't come back but I had a whole other life to live."

He pulled a bundle of money from his pocket and placed it on the bar. I came out the kitchen and into his face.

"I don't want your fucking money."
I nudged my finger into his forehead twice before throwing the money at him

I painted the room but I didn't want a dime of it.

"I hate you."
I went to nudge him again and he grabbed my head and kissed me hard. I melted at his touch and left out a soft moan.

I pulled away and joined him in a heated stare off. As much as I wanted him around I couldn't allow it. He still hadn't satisfied my question and it'll forever keep us apart.

"Why'd you leave me?"