Chapter Sixteen

Logan

Logan

Why do I continue to do this to myself? I thought as I held a cool bottle of water to my forehead. My skin felt hot and sticky with sweat, and it felt like I had a stampede of Tarzans running around in my head like it was some sort of jungle playground. My groan was slightly apocalyptic and over dramatized as I stood from my bed on unsteady feet and threw on a pair of boxers.

I needed some of Sang's magical hangover cure, pronto. Stumbling out of my room, which I thankfully entered alone last night, I flinched as the light coming in through the windows of the living room assaulted my sensitive eyes. "Fuck off, you shiney asshole," I grumbled underneath my breath. 

I heard Sang's giggle as I approached the kitchen. The moment I took a seat at the island, I heard a glass thump against the tiled surface and slide in my direction. I opened my eyes to give her a glare and immediately brought the glass to my lips and chugged down the sweet liquid. When she and I had drank for the first time together, she swore by this cure the next morning, It was ginger soda with several dissolvable vitamins mixed in. 

It worked every time. 

Sang gave me a pitying look and began setting the table for breakfast. "Had a little a too much fun last night?"

I thought back to the night before and grimaced. "You can say that." I remembered a whole lot of hooting and hollering from being stuck on the high of winning the game, I remembered holding Corny's legs as he did a keg stand, and I remembered that girl Casey approaching me in the darkness, trying to work her feminine wiles on me. I grimaced at the thought of her tongue sliding itself inside my mouth like a greedy, slimy snake. 

I groaned again and got up to go lay down on the couch while breakfast cooked and while the hangover cure worked its way through my system. I briefly saw Sang stir the food and follow after me. Her footsteps were light and silent while mine were thumping heavily on the ground. I collapsed on the couch, silent, as Sang sat gracefully on the one adjacent to mine. 

"You're an ass," I mumbled with my face squished against an ugly throw pillow. 

One of her eyebrows slid up as she asked, "Why?"

If I was looking at my own face I'm sure it'd be contorted into a grimace as I replied, "Because you just had to be so irresistible to the male species that they had to stalk you to the point they ended up in Overton, bringing their female fanclub along with them. That Casey chick tried sticking her tongue down my throat last night."

Sang snickered into her hand, her eyes dancing in laughter as she pointed out, "Well, I guess she ditched their club for yours."

"That would have been pretty cool if she didn't open her mouth. Yeah, she's hot, but too much of a hater when it comes to my little Shorty." I watched her roll her eyes. Tarzan zombie-walked his way into the room and plopped down next to Sang. "Mmm. Is that food I smell?"