Chapter 20: From One, Comes Many (Part 2/5)

Hiccup's POV:

I grumble as I feel soft dirt underneath my claws when I stand up slowly, well as a dragon. I find myself buried under dirt and I lift myself up, shaking all the dirt on my body away. 

"HEY! WHOEVER DID THAT IS GOING TO PAY!!!" shouts a familiar voice. 

Oh no.

"It wasn't me..." I say, laughing nervously.

"Suuuuuure," replies Stormfly, preening her wings.

"I'll let you off this time Hiccup. Just. This. Once," says Astrid, glaring at me with annoying, while brushing the excess dirt off of her. "Now, where the Hel are we?"

"Umm... I don't know where that portal brought us, but it looks like Berk... more specifically, Raven Point, but not the one we know."

I trod ahead, looking at burned down trees and ashes everywhere, with most of the forest I recognized burned. I search for any possible clues as to what could've caused this, but my efforts are futile. It's not long before I find myself looking at an all-too-familiar location, even though it is more ashen. The cove where I first met Toothless and where I got bitten. Brings back good and bad memories. Astrid and Stormfly catch up pretty quickly and stare at the cove, exactly the same in every aspect, except for the scorch marks of fire. 

"Well, looks like we are on Berk..."

"Ok, so we are you really sure this is Berk, I mean this place looks like a wasteland, with all burned down forests and ashes? That doesn't make sense..." says Astrid, staring intently at the cove, examining the scorches. 

"Well, before we go to the village, let's really make sure this is the Berk we know and love," I say cautiously. "If this truly is Berk, I hope this isn't our Berk."

"Time to fly?" asks Stormfly, squawking excitedly.

"Time to fly," I reply, nodding in confirmation. 

I launch off with ease, and Astrid quickly hops onto Stormyfly's back before she too launches quickly into the air. I head towards the edge of Berk, near the shores, to get a good ariel view. I stare in utter shock, seeing almost all of Berk either burned or destroyed, most likely incinerated. I fly towards the village, and once I land in front of the Great Hall, I begin to cry. All around, houses in ruins or ashes, visible marks of people burned alive, and the only building still mostly intact is the Great Hall. My tears flow down, dripping like rain onto the ground, darkening the ashen ground. Stormfly arrives not long after, with Astrid leaping off as soon as she lands, looking around in horror. She sees me crying, and instead of saying something, hugs me by my neck, sniffling too. Whatever... whoever did this, they will pay. I let one loud screech of rage, charging up a powerful plasma shot and shooting straight into the sky, making such a powerful blast that all nearby grey clouds disappear, making a clear hole in the sky. That's when sunlight pours in, illuminating all the damage, making me huff in rage. 

"What happened here...?"  asks Stormfly, cautiously.

"I don't know... but whatever did this, they're going to pay for this..." I say, wiping away my tears with my forearm, making noises as my scales scrape against scales.

"Hiccup, what do we do now? I mean, if this is our Berk, then what home can go to?" asks Astrid, throwing her axe into the ground.

Even the air around us is polluted with death, I can practically hear the screams of the Vikings here. There can only be one thing that could've done this... dragons. Then it hit me.

"Guys! This can't be our Berk, or at least it can't be the Berk presently," I say excitedly, lifting my hopes up. 

"What?" squawks Stormfly confused.

"How?" responds Astrid.

"Think about it, the only thing that could've done this much damage with fire can only be dragons, and we know that dragons are friendly towards us," I explain with fervor. "Which means that this can't be our Berk, that means this place might be the future, that or we're in some sort of alternate reality."

"Ah, so we're on Berk, but we're not on Berk," concludes Stormfly, clearly satisfied with her answer. Astrid just blinks since she can't understand her, so I quickly translate what she said.

"Isn't there any spell to allow dragons to talk to us?" asks Astrid, clearly annoyed at being left out.

"Well, there might be, and if there is, well, I don't remember it..." I say, and Astrid responds by giving me a death glare which makes me flinch and shrink away.

"Fine, whatever, how the Hel do we get back then, o-wise one?" 

"Good question, I'm working on it," I say, racking my brain for any possible answers. 

Then, I pause, hearing a faint all-too-familiar screech. Oh no, if it's any indication, whatever dragon here is hostile. I see a Night Fury in the far distance with my enhanced vision flying straight toward us. It must've seen my plasma shot, and it's kind of hard to not notice considering it cleared away all the clouds nearby. Oops. 

"Um... hey Hiccup, there's a Night Fury heading toward us..." comments Stormfly, with a slight edge to her voice.

"All in favor of running?" I say nervously.

"Agreed... now RUN!" agrees Astrid, already running.

Just as Astrid says that, a plasma shot strikes the spot we were at. Stormfly grabs Astrid by her clothes and throws Astrid onto her back, and we both begin to flap our wings before a wave of strange fire starts before us. I immediately begin stopping right before the fire, with nose barely a few inches away from the purple fire.  Stormfly stops much earlier than that. Despite being a dragon for months, I still haven't "mastered" how to be one...

"Stop right there, you're not going anywhere..."

"Or else what?" I reply with ferocity, smirking. 

"Or else I'll burn you with my soulfire, and trust me, you don't want that," replies the mysterious Night Fury. "These are the anomalies you detected right, Star?"

"I think my magick is good enough Auroon..." 

"Oh boy, what have we gotten ourselves into this time..." says Stormfly, rolling her eyes.

===========================================================

If you haven't guessed what's going on, there's a Multiverse... and they meet another version of Hiccup, aka, Auroon. Basically, this is another fanfiction of HTTYD made by Night-FuryDreamer, Night Fury's Venom. It's really good, so if you want to know more, just copy-paste the link to read his story. 

https://www.wattpad.com/story/30313861-night-fury%27s-venom