Chapter 2: The Great Prophecy

Toothless's POV:

I wake up to find myself surrounded by a strange forest in a hazy fog. It's this place again, I think to myself.

"Welcome back little one, how goes your mission?" says Chrysalis

"All I get is a welcome back?! I almost died! If it weren't for that Scaleless shooting me down, I wouldn't have been able to save him..." I growl, annoyed. 

"Ah, but your job is not yet done little one," replies the voice cryptically. "Fortunately, the Scaleless you have saved is the one from the Prophecy of the Night Fury..."

"Of course, I guess you set me up?" 

Chrysalis ignores my comment and continues. "Unfortunately, the Scaleless is now dying due to the unexpected arrival of the Monstrous Nightmare as the Scaleless call them."

"NO! I am not giving up this chance to break free of the Queen's disgusting grasp on me... is there any way to save this Scaleless?!" I shout in anger and frustration. 

"There is only one way..."

"What is it?"

"You will have to sacrifice something of great importance to you, as a dragon. Something that will be very hard to live without, that is the price to save the Scaleless..." replies Chrysalis ominously.

I stare in confusion, and after a moment, I understand what she is saying... One of the most important things about being a dragon is flight... the freedom, the feeling... 

"That is correct, are you willing to sacrifice?" says Chrysalis, reading my mind.

"I..." I start, hesitating. There isn't any other way... "I accept the price..."

"Good, so it will be done."

I suddenly wake up to find myself near the spot where that Scaleless found me, so I go check if he was still at the rock where he passed out. I'm just in time to see the Scaleless walk away. I'd better follow him to protect him if he is to turn, the other Scaleless' reaction to it might not be happy. That dragon better keep her end of the deal.

Hiccup's POV:

I finally wake up, and when I do I'm relieved to see that I'm still alive and to see no sign of the Night Fury. Whew, that was a close one. I roll up my pants to see the bite of the Monstrous Nightmare is already mostly healed, with black markings around it. Other than my arm throbbing slightly, there is no blood from where the Night Fury bit me and for some reason, I feel completely energized. Weird. I then start to jog to my house as it is already evening and when I sneak into my home from the back door, my father is at the fireplace stoking it absentmindedly. He's probably thinking about what to do with me, I think grimly. I quietly reach the staircase when I step onto one, which creaks quite loudly. Uh oh.

My father turns around and says, "Son, we need to talk."

Just as he says that, I say, "Dad, we need to talk."

"I've decided that I don't want to fight dragons."

"I think it's time for you to learn to fight dragons."

We both look at each other awkwardly, seriously we have such great communication skills.

"You go first," says my father

"No, you go first," I reply immediately, see how great we are at communicating?

"Alright. You get your wish, you start Dragon Training tomorrow morning."

"Oh man, I should've gone first. Uh, 'cause I was thinking we already have a surplus of dragon-fighting Vikings, but do we have enough bread-making Vikings or small home-repair Vikings..." I start saying before my father rudely interrupts me and hands me a giant axe.

"Here, you'll be needing this."

"Dad I told you, I don't want to fight dragons."

"Yes you do, you've been wanting to kill dragons for so long."

"Rephrase. I can't kill dragons."

"No, but you will learn how to."

"Can you not hear me?"

"This is serious son! When you carry that axe, you carry all of us with you. Which means you walk like us. You talk like us. You think like us. No more of this..." says my father, waving at my body.

"You just gestured to all of me," I say.

"Deal?"

"This conversation is very one-sided you know," I reply, ignoring him.

"DEAL?!?"

"Deal..." I sigh in resignation. There is no winning this argument.

I see my father pack his things as he prepares to leave at dawn for the Dragon's nest. From what I know, my father has been searching for the Dragon's nest for a very long time, including his father and his father before him. I just hope he comes back safely. I drift towards my bed and fall asleep thinking about tomorrow's dragon training. Suddenly, I feel as if I'm not in my bed anymore, feeling soft warm dirt.

My eyes flutter open when I look around to see I'm in a completely different realm. What in Thor's name am I? Hmm, if this is a dream then how is everything so real?

"Welcome Hiccup. This is the dream realm where the great dragons that wields the force we call Magick. My name is Chrysalis," a female voice booms.

"How am I here if this realm is for dragons?" I look around confused at where the disembodied voice came from.

"The future of Berk is unstable. You are here because you are the prophesied one," replies Chrysalis cryptically.

"Wait what? What do you mean I am the prophesied one? What's going to happen to Berk?" All I get from this Chrysalis is more questions than answers.

"The prophecy of the Night Fury comes about, and you are at the centre of it. You are to save Berk from destruction and stop a dark force that is approaching your home," explains Chrysalis.

Suddenly, words start to form from the nearby mist in front of me, forming what I assume is the Prophecy of the Night Fury mentioned by that creepy mysterious voice.

"I AM NOT CREEPY!!! I do not have a strong enough connection to your mind to be able to form a corporeal body," screams Chrysalis, clearly offended by my choice of words to describe her.

Then all the words fully form to make:

AS DARKEST NIGHT APPEARS IN SIGHT

A NIGHT FURY SHALL ARISE

PIERCING THROUGH THE GOLDEN LIGHT

THE HARBINGER OF WAR WILL RISE

TWO RACES COME TOGETHER AND UNITE

TO BATTLE THE EVIL, FOR EACH OTHER'S DEMISE

Well, that's not disturbing at all. I can't even begin to understand what every line means, but I know that I am very much involved in this prophecy.

Until next time young Scaleless...

"Wait! Before you go tell me what this prophecy means!!!" I shout as the voice of Chrysalis fades away, including my vision.