Chapter 19: Hell to Pay

Hiccup's POV:

I open my eyes slowly, feeling a headache pounding my head. I see Gobbler and Astrid talking to each other, although everything for me seems muffled so I can't really hear what they're saying. As soon as I see them stop arguing, and Gobber coming towards me, I instantly close my eyes and pretend to be unconscious. I wait a very long time, before opening slightly opening my eyes again to see Gobber's face staring right at me. 

"AH!"

"Good to see your awake Hiccup," says Gobber with a serious face. "Wait, did you just talk?"

"Well, ahem, I just woke up! And uh, I guess I did..." I say in a nervous tone. Did I ever say I'm a terrible liar? 

"Sure ye did. Now get up, you're in for some trouble! Much better now that you can talk instead of writing everythin' down."  

 I follow Gobber and Astrid to the Great Hall. When we enter, there are dozens of Vikings that turn to look at us, more specifically, me. I wonder what that could mean.

"Before anyone does anything, let's hear what hiccup has to say," says my father.

So I get pushed by Gobber and my father, Stoick, all the way to the place where my father usually gives his pep talks. I see all of the Vikings stare at me expectantly, talk about pressure.

"So, um, where to start..." 

"How bout you start where you turned evil!?" Shouted a Viking, making a lot of them murmur in agreement.

"Well, basically, there's this ancient evil Night Fury called Tempus, who became ascended and became very powerful," I explain in a matter-of-factly tone. "He went into my mind, then managed to take control of my body, and so my consciousness got transported by Chrysalis, the sister of Tempus, a good guy. So in another, like realm, I trained and managed to learn magick, but when Tempus started destroying Berk, she shared a fraction of her knowledge to me, even though I knew it might've made me go insane."

"WHAT?!" Shouts my father.

"So then I get transported back into my own body, where I fight back against Tempus's control, with my new knowledge in magick, I beat him up and take back control of my own body. The end," I say, out of breath. "Any questions?"

"Um, what?" says a Viking nearest to me. "I heard everything you said, but just to make sure, can you repeat everything?"

Most of the Vikings in the room didn't understand anything I had just explained, so I shake my head and come up with a very simple version of the story.

"Basically, my body got taken over by an evil spirit, and then I fought back and won," I say in an impatient tone.

"Ohhhhh, why didn't you just say that in the first place?" says the same Viking from before.

By then, I somehow convinced most of the Vikings to believe what I said, mostly because of their fear and hate of evil spirits. So I guess their superstition got the best of them since all of them rush out of the Great Hall and begin to place wards against spirits. I'm not even sure they know how to ward against evil spirits since I literally see them smear paintings of wolves and such to make themselves feel less insecure. Of course, not all Vikings have homes anymore ever since the rampage of Tempus, whom the Vikings refer to him as the devil. Imagine that, it's not that a bad term as it's pretty close to what Tempus is. Even if he's temporarily gone, banished back to whatever hole he came from, he's still got those so-called seven sins walking around Gods knows where. Although plenty of the Vikings got over their losses, I still see many of them staring at me with distrust and contempt. Understandable considering what they've been through. I decide to walk to a cliff some distance away from Berk to think, and after a while, I get lost in my thoughts; about what will happen in the future, this big prophecy that requires me to be some important hero. That's when I feel a hand touch my should and I instantly perk up, and when I lift my head, I see Astrid there with her battleax resting on her shoulder.