Nineteen: Mia's past.

Cambridge Massachusetts, U.S.A.
10:01pm.

"I thought  loving your male best friend isn't something bad. I thought, having some feelings for the person you practically grew up with is simple but boy was I wrong. He was just using me!" A dark chuckle escape her lips once more, making both the girls' eyes' to widen. Her chuckle was so malign, it lacks humor and whatnot. They feel like the person sitting with them is a whole new person but Janaan didn't stop stroking her blonde with streaks of brown hair.

"He said and I quote 'I thought it'll be fun to have the best lawyer's daughter as my best friend to finish my high school without trouble' and then breaking my heart in process. We were very close when we were younger but grew apart slowly because of our group of friends, I was just the nerd. He became very popular like the jocks in the books, yeah just like that. And then, he knew I was falling for him but he did nothing to stop me. Instead, he became more sweet and caring. How fraudulent!

" He told me himself that he wanted to see me fall for his sick joke. And then he made a stupid bet with his friends and all. I was so heartbroken when he asked me to leave him and that we're over. Everything we had, was over and fake. He did that on our prom night. He asked me to be his prom date, and of course I agreed even though it wasn't how I picture him asking me. He ditched me for another girl. He didn't come and he said that was the plan all along. Then said those hurtful things to me in the crowd.

"I went back home completely defeated and dispirited. And two days later, my mom asked me about him. I told her everything was over and he was just using but she only said it was all my fault. I wasn't outgoing and what will he do with me. I thought she'd hug me close and whisper sweet nothings to my ear for the first time, but she didn't. She thought everything was my fault and I was just a sobbing mess in front of her.

"My relationship with my parent's is always strict and professional. But for once, I needed that one person to hug me and tell me everything was alright. That he is just an a-hole for doing that to me. That I don't deserve any of that but there was no one!" She sobbed hard, Janaan sat her down and hug her close with Lia joining. That was bad.

"It was just a few months ago. He is happy now, well, he was always happy and now he has so many girls lying on the ground for him. His social media account, he removed our pictures and I was wiped like I was never even there. Heartbreak is a bitch. I hate weaknesses. He used me for his own selfish reasons. Why was I even stupid to let him get to me, a bad boy will always be one. I hate him! Now, I'm trying to get over him but I can't. I really can't! I never thought it'll be this hard to move on."

Janaan and Lia were quite even after she's finished. They don't know what to say. 'We're sorry for not been there?' 'We're sorry your heart is broken?' There is just nothing to say except the loving hug they're offering her right now. Mia is happy that they listen and share her sorrow and appreciate the silence. Nothing they say will wipe off the past, not even the famous 'everything will be alright!' Nothing will be.

"Let me tell you my parents' love story," Janaan whispered after some minutes of silence and Mia's  sobs has subsided. They all remove their limbs from one another and sat down, looking at her expectantly. They're rats for love stories.

"Yes do please," Lia grin widely at Janaan and Mia beamed. She knew they're trying to take her mind off things and this will do for now.

"My mom first saw my father in a coffee shop. She was sitting with her friends, having sometime with her girlfriends, then he walked in. She said she thought he was a bad boy from how he was dressed. Jacket and black clothes you know." They chuckled at that.

"She stood up to leave the place when her brother came to pick her up and then she felt someone's eyes on her but she brush it off and continue walking. My father said he was the one looking at her at that time. He said and I quote 'she took my breath away from the start' his words." Janaan smiled at the memory of her parents telling them about their love story over and over again. No, it wasn't once. She can't even remember how many times and now every word is stuck to her head.