Fourteen: Time to excavate the past.

Cambridge Massachusetts, U.S.A
Friday, 14th September.
05:58pm

Janaan was grinning from ear to ear. They settled down on the neatly displayed towels before she stood up when she found out there is a cliff. She peeped to see water under them which made her shriek and jump in excitement. She was so excited that she could feel herself getting light headed with each passing second as she looks at the water underneath them.

The neat water was still, not moving except when the wind blew it. The water was so blue which made Janaan gushed at how cute the water is and how calm she suddenly felt.

She badly want to go and sit down on the cliff and dangle her legs underneath the rock so that she could calm herself more and forget about the way her friends acted and how nervous Hamal was today. She immediately pivoted to look at him, the smile on his face and the emotions in his eyes made her heart jolt in pleasure. There was something she could fathom though, he can't love her. She chanted.

Smiling back at him, she yawed her attention back to the cliff and sat down on the sand with her legs dangling. She knew her dress will get dirty but she didn't care at the moment, everything can come later. After some minutes of silence, she finally turn back to talk to him 'cause her curiosity is really hungry. She could see that there is something that's really bothering him. She just hope that it has nothing to do with any girl, she can't handle those situations again.

Mustering up a fake smile- thinking about him with another girl or thinking about another girl made her energy drained from her and eyes sullen. She pivoted and walk up to him when he sat down on the towel she wasn't occupying. Picking up the picnic basket next to her, she opened it and her eyes went wide when she saw the Slow cooker beef stew.

"Oh my Allah! Honcho, I know this will taste amazing. How and when did you do this? I can remember when you said you can't cook this then how come?" she rambled on and on, her eyes still fixated on the food.

"I checked the recipe online and watched the video on YouTube. Don't blame me when it tastes somehow, not how you want it," he massaged his neck nervously.

He saw the fake smile she plastered on her face when she walked up to him. He allowed her to calm herself and feel free when she sat down at the cliff. He didn't know what was with the fake smile but the grin on her face now made him forget about the other fake one.

He thought that they should eat before he break would the ice. He knew she was hungry and whatever she said after that will just sign his destiny. But first, she'll need energy, and he knows that. For this wasn't a small topic for both of them, it's going to rip out some wounds from the past which he wasn't looking forward to.

After finishing their food till the plates are clean, they both said Alhamdulillah and sat down to watch the sun as it was still going down, the sky was now in orange, red and somewhat blue hue and purple here and there. It was so beautiful, she thought.

"Something is bothering you, Honcho. Tell me!" She demanded, not liking the silence between them as it is getting thicker and palpable.

"Yes, little one. Something has been bothering me for a very very long time. I can't seem to get over it even though I try so hard. What I want is already someone else's but I'm willing to take the risk. Yes, that'll will be very hard and I'm ninety one percent sure it will not be mine. But there's no fault in trying right? Is better than sitting here not kicking in the ball and see where it lands in the net," he riddled out.

She looks at him puzzled. What is he saying and why does he look so anxious like he was waiting for the test that could end his life in a matter of second? And why is he talking about ninety one percent? What is it that makes him so unsure and insecure? And most of all, is it a girl that's making him so workup? The answers were not coming and she didn't know she was asking herself not him so she voice it out.