Three: After the long wait...

Hamal

Hamal and Janaan stayed in that position- looking into each other's eyes with him rubbing her hands in between his- for only God knows how long but they sure as hell know that it was a very long time.

Each of them relishing each others' presence, like it was the end of the world. A moment of tranquil for both of them.

He looked at her from her beautifully rested side burn hairs, perfect arched brow, dark brown eyes looking deep inside like he was looking right into her soul, her pointed not so straight nose. And finally, her plump, luscious lips. She is so beautiful, he said inside his head.

They snapped out of their trance when Adnan cleared his throat. They awkwardly shift uncomfortably and Hamal just smiled at Adnan before walking to the driver's seat.

The rest of them hop in- backseat. The car ride was awkward at first before Akira decide that it is time to talk about her crushes. She keep on listing them with Adnan and Affan criticizing each of them. They'll throw some questions to Hamal and Janaan but they'll just reply them curtly.

Hamal kept on fidgeting on his seat. The look in her eyes, which he couldn't fathom was embedding his mind. What was the look and why was she looking at him like that? Was it pure hatred or disgust? He shuddered at that thought hoping it is not what he saw deep in her dark eyes.

She looks forlorn. She doesn't know what she was feeling at the moment but missing Ahlam was the biggest part. Missing him often does that to her especially in moment like this. When she's with the person who despised her presence, being, existence.

Upon reaching at their house, he squelched the car right next to the front door so that they can walk straight into the house without bothering about getting cold especially with Akira who is asthmatic. All of them silently slide out of the car and into the house except Janaan who was just hopping out of the car.

She removed his leather jacket and hand it to him."Thanks," she thanked him in a small voice before turning on her heels and sauntered into the house without a glance back which hurts Hamal beyond words.

His chest tighten in an excruciating way.

He hates her presence because of that but her absence was more of a torture than her presence. He just wants to go back to school and never come back. He can wait for the pain to subside if that's possible but he will wait, as long as it'll subside.

Loving her was his greatest mistake. When? It was since when she was nine. How? He also doesn't know. At first, he thought he was just attracted to her, but with time going on, he found himself falling deeper into her trap. And now, he's just suffering with the pain.

He breathed out a sigh of peevishness before clutching the steering wheel in a death grip with his knuckles turning white. Just then, he recalled what happened just some minutes ago when they held each others gaze, hands in each others. The sudden warm engulfed him and he calmed down- ccomplacented.

He drove away from her house to the nearest 24/7 bookshop. He wants to buy a sketch pad before going home. He has to paint. What he always do when heartbroken.

Janaan was looking at him from her parent's window. She ran upstairs to their room since that's the only room that has the view of the house compound. Her own window was facing the house garden. She watch him as he lingered for a moment before leaving.

She strolled to her room not wanting to spend another second thinking about Hamal, she brought out her phone and called Tehzib that they were already back and they had dinner.

Changing into her sky blue pajamas with huge a huge Trojan horse Canakkale Turkey on it. She slipped under her covers after sending good nights to her siblings- message.