Chapter 12

It was a day like any other. Someone hired Deathstroke. Shadow goes with him to kill the target since this person is a mass murderer while Deathstroke keeps the bodyguards and others that may seek to play hero out of the way. Shadow finds out that the target wasn't who he thought. Shadow gets kidnapped. 

Wait, what?  

Maybe we should start at the beginning of the day. 

"Oh, Harley." A voice said in a sing song way. "Come out and play." They sang.

Harley stood behind the wall. Why had she agreed to watch the little imp again? 

 She was always happy to see him before she saw him. Shadow was way to adorable to pass up spending time with him. Unfortunately, that thought always clouded over her other thoughts. This kid is a demon!

Harley slowly moved about the halls of the abandoned apartment complex -turned mansion- where Deathstroke and Shadow lived most of the time.

She carefully looked into a dark room.

"Shadow? Come on out now, you win!" She hesitantly called into the dark room. 

How was a room dark in the middle of the day despite there being a giant window? She would never know. 

"Shadow?" She questioned again, taking a hesitant step into the room.

An invisible thread tightened around the harlequin's ankle, unbeknownst to her. 

"Oh, Harley." A voice sung, seeming to echo throughout the room. 

A sudden chill travelled down Harley's spine causing her to shutter.

The thread pulled even more as Harley kept going further in. 

The door slammed shut suddenly, but no sound came from the door. As the thread went it finally pulled the farthest, the light from the windows suddenly filtered in, blinding the harlequin.

"What are you doing here, Harley?" A voice the jester knew all too well stated causing her heart to drop.

Harley blinked away the spots in her vision, only to open them to the figure that struck fear into many.

Deathstroke. In full gear and ballistic staff in hand. 

Her eyes widened when she realised just where she was. She was in Slade's room. No one enters this room; not even Shadow. 

"I'm sorry, Slade. I thought Shadow was in here, I swear." 

Slade suddenly started to flicker, as if it was a bad TV signal.

Harley released a breath, realising what had just happened. 

"Okay, you little twerp, you got me. Ha-ha very funny." She said drily.

"Dammit, I almost had it this time!" A dark cackle broke through the room, sending a whole new weird creepy feeling through Harley.

The whole room suddenly changed completely. Instead of Slade's study, they now stood in a spare room and the illusion of Deathstroke was gone. 

"I see you've been practising. Good work, Shadow. Though could still use some practice on maintaining the stability of the illusion."

"Ai!" Harley jumped a few feet in the air at the appearance of the real mercenary. 

"You two will be the death of me 'ome day." She wheezed, holding her hand over her heart.

The sudden cackle of one tiny mercenary filled the room causing Harley to sweat drop.