From one extreme to the other (48)

Start from the beginning

I heard a shuffle and Ava quickly opened the change room doors and walked out excitedly.

I smiled at her happiness and walked out of the shop towards one of the many toy shops in the centre.

Unfortunately the man followed closely behind and into the toy shop.

My heart began beating quickly and I pulled away a complaining Ava from the shop saying that I really needed to go to the toilet and that we could come back straight away.

Once we got into the bathroom I quickly pulled Ava to the end of it and leant down to her level.

"Avs, I need to tell you something but you have to be a big girl about it like you have been the whole day okay?" I ask seriously.

She looks a bit worried but nods her head.

"A man outside is following us, but it's okay he could just want to say hi, you need to take this when I drop it outside and if anything happens I want you to call Chase straight away, and then I want you to show him the picture I'm about to take okay bub?" I said slowly.

She nodded in understanding but looked scared.

I had a really bad feeling in my chest, the only times I've ever had this feeling was when I saw Tyler at the airport and on mine and Olly's date.

"Do you understand bub?" I asked again, she nodded in response.

"So what do you need to do?" I asked her again just to be certain, I was not going to let this little girl get hurt because of my past, and I have a feeling that this man had everything to do with it.

"I have to call Chase once you drop your phone and then show him the picture" Ava confirmed.

I nodded and then walked in front of her, as I left the bathroom and went back into the main part of the shopping centre I put my phone up and ready to take a picture of this man in case something did happen.

Luck must have been on my side for once as the man had his classes off, I instantly took pictures, I had no idea if the quality that they were but I think I took about 3. When the man noticed what I was doing he ran over to me and grabbed my arms restraining me.

I tried to fight back but he was too strong, Ava was screaming and crying and trying to get the man off of me but he pushed her effortlessly to the floor along with my phone.

I could smell the stale breath of the man as he whispered something into my ears, "if you keep fighting the little girl pays".

I instantly stopped, it was a wonder that no one could hear us because Ava was still screaming and crying.

"Ava, Ava, hunny" I said softly, she looked up at me with frightened eyes, it broke my heart to see her that scared, "it's okay, you know what to do" I attempted to soothe.

She calmed down a little but I could see her watch the man take me away terrified, I looked back at her one last time before we turned the corner and motioned to my phone lying on the ground beside her, I saw her pick it up and then she was out of view.

The man whispered again in my ear, "don't try anything, if anyone finds out about this I will find Ava over there and do things to her that you have unfortunately had to experience yourself".

My face turned pale, I nodded and walked with the man to the awaiting black car just hoping that Ava was okay.

I shouldn't have gotten involved with Chase at all, these people could hurt him and Ava and I couldn't take that.

As soon as I got into the car another man who I didn't get a visual of put a rag to my face and then all too soon I felt myself drifting off to an unconsented darkness.