Chapter 18

When we got to the police station nobody would tell us anything. Luke and Michael tried talking to the people at the desk multiple times. My eyes were red and puffy from crying so much.

"It's no use. They're not telling us anything." Luke slumped into a chair. I was tired of not getting answers. I got up and walked to the desk.

"Hello, sir?" The young officer at the desk looked up.

"How may I help you ma'am?" His voice was soft and I could tell he was going to be easy on me.

"Can you tell me anything on my boyfriend? His name is Calum Hood. We've been here for hours but nobody is telling us anything." I gave him a sad look and he caved.

"According to the system he's facing serious charges. We can't do much until his parents get here." I looked down and nodded.

"What about his bail?" I was sure amongst Michael, Luke, Ashton, and I we could scramble some money.

"Sorry. His parents need to post bail." Anger surged through my body. Why couldn't they just let me help my boyfriend?

"Please. Make an exception? His parents are never home and I know it'll take hours for you to contact them. Please?" I was begging at this point. Tears streamed down my face. I batted my eyelashes and he gave in.

"Bail is set at 20 grand." He mumbled the words. I thanked him and went over to the boys.

When I said the price, Ashton and Luke looked confused. We were four teens. We didn't have that type of money.

"I got it." Michael stood up and took out his phone. I had no clue who he was calling. I knew his family was well off, but they didn't have 20 grand to throw around. He walked outside of the precinct. I followed him on the way out.

"Yeah, I know it's a lot. I got it covered though. It's for a friend." There was a pause while the other person spoke.

"Thanks Mary. You're the best." He ended the call and put his phone back in his pocket. We locked eyes when he started walking back inside.

"Who is Mary and why is she giving you 20 grand?" I was relieved he got it covered and that Calum would be let go, but I also was scared of where Michael was getting this money.

"She's a friend. We help each other out. Don't worry about it." He had an attitude but I could tell he didn't want to continue to talk about it so I dropped it. I followed him back inside and he went to talk to the man at the desk. I don't know what was said but Calum was released within the next 15 minutes.

"Calum!" I ran up and jumped in his arms. I clung onto him as if he would be taken again at any moment.

"Malia. Thank god you came." I dropped back down to the ground, but stayed right by his side. The other boys greeted him and explained how Michael posted his bail.

"How the hell did you get twenty grand?" That seemed to be the million dollar question.

"Don't worry about it man. It's all legal and safe money. You're out now, that's what matters." Something made me uneasy about the money, but right now I was so happy to have Calum back that I didn't care.

"Please don't go away again." We were back at my apartment and laying in my bed.

"Babe I don't plan on going anywhere." He kissed my forehead and I snuggled closer to him. Our breathes slowed down as we fell asleep. It was the first time in a while I felt safe.

Yeah I think I'm putting this on hold because I'm more into my other story and I can't rly focus on this one. I actually think this story sucks bc I suck at writing but when I finish the other one I'll start this one again !!!