Chapter 13

Calum's arm was draped over me when I woke up the next morning. I felt safe in his arms. I barely slept that night though. The thought of Melissa being the one he loved haunted me. He stirred next to me in his sleep. His eyes fluttered open.

"Good morning." He mumbled as he pressed his lips to he back of my neck. His mere touch was enough to send shivers down my spine.

"Good morning." I responded as normally as I could. I didn't want to confront Calum about last night yet. He knew me too well though.

"What's wrong?" His weight shifted in the bed and he propped himself up on onto one of his arms. I rolled over to face him.

"Uh, nothing. I'm fine."

"What's really wrong?"

"What's my name?" I decided I might as well just confront him now since he wouldn't stop bothering me until I told him what was wrong.

"Malia." His answer was quick. Without thought.

"Okay. Now how long were you with Melissa?" My voice faltered. A lump was forming in my throat. I didn't want to know this answer.

"It was only the one time. I promise."

"Then why did you say her name last night after I told you that I loved you?"

He sat there stunned at what I said. His eyes grew wide and he was speechless. He wasn't denying it yet. He wasn't doing anything. Tears were threatening to spill over. I jumped out of the bed and started towards the bathroom.

"Malia wait! I promise if I said her name I didn't mean it. I don't remember even saying her name. I love you. I promise. I love you." I couldn't control it anymore. I just started sobbing. Why was her name even uttered. It's not like she should've been on his mind at all. She wasn't even brought up.

"Why was she even on your mind?"

"Honestly? I was thinking how much better you are than her and how dumb I was to ever let you go. I promise I love you. She's nothing to me. She will never enter my mind again. I promise." He walked over to me and cupped my face in his hands. His thumbs brushed over my cheeks to wipe away tears before he kissed me. The kiss was gentle and sweet. It made me forget mostly about the events of last night. If this relationship with Calum was gonna work I had to believe him. His word was really all I had.

Unless I asked the devil herself.

OKAY IM SO SORRY THIS IS SO SHORT. IM GONNA MAYBE UPDATE AGAIN LATER OR TOMORROW MORNING IDK. MY CREATIVE JUICES ARENT FLOWING PROPERLY.