Chapter Fifteen: Cancelling the Apocalypse

Start from the beginning

"Okay, yes, obviously." Newt nodded in agreement. "The CO2's gonna delay the acidic reaction, yes."

"And it allows us to harvest. But our boys need oxygen pumped into their suits. They move slow." Hannibal pulled out a small radio, and called to his boys. "What's going on in there, boys?"

"We've reached... the upper pelvic area. Unh." One of the workers spoke out on the radio. "Moving to the 25th vertebra. Shit. Even through the suit, boss, it smells like dead catfish in here." After about a few minutes, they called in. "Boss. The secondary brain... is damage." Both Hannibal and Newt were disappointed by this news. "It's ruined."

"Bitch! How could they screw that up?" Newt grumbled to himself in frustration.

"Wait. Wait." This made Newt look over in surprise.

"What was that? Did he say "wait"? Why wait?" Newt asked.

"Do you hear that? It's like a heartbeat." The man on the radio replied.

"Oh, my God." Newt grabbed the radio, and listened in, with Hannibal behind him. "Oh, my God, this can't be. Hold on a second."

"Hey! Let me have that!" Hannibal demanded.

"Shh, shh! Listen, listen!" Newt hushed, as the two men listened to the radio. "Listen to this." What they could hear was what might be rhythmic beating over the radio. Newt could only come to a final conclusion of this, as Hannibal took back the radio. "It's pregnant."

About a moment later, the sound of a man screaming could be heard from the radio, and Hannibal began to run off, much to Newt's odd confusion. A second later, some kind of Kaiju infant bursts out of the remains of Otachi, and began to chase everyone.

The Baby Kaiju appears to bear somewhat a general resemblance to Otachi from which its birthed. It has a short snout and large, round eyes, framed by a skeletal face. Its skin is thin, translucent and slick with afterbirth.

The infant Kaiju began to chase along anything that moves, Newt sprinting as fast as he can from the beast. But, as it tries to chase him, the umbilical cord attached to it seemed to wrap around its neck, strangling it, until it couldn't run anymore, and fell unconscious.

Newt looked away, not sure if the Kaiju was dead, then saw it was lying down on the ground.

"I knew it. Gone." Hannibal walked up, clearly out of breath from running away from the Kaiju. "His lungs weren't fully formed. Umbilical cord tied around his neck. No way he could survive outside the womb for more than a minute. One look, that's all I needed. I knew he wouldn't make it."

"What an ugly piece of crap." Another voice spoke out, as Newt and Hannibal Chau look over to see who it was. "These things are nothing but trouble for my business."

It was a man with bright, long, orange hair with long bangs covering his right eye. He had slanted, dark-green eyes as black eyeliner traced his visible left eye covered by a black bowler hat with a small feather tucked into its red band and wore an immaculate red-lined white suit with long black pants and black shoes. His accessories include a small gray scarf, black gloves with buckled sleeves.