𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐎𝐧𝐞

Madison looked around. Everything in sight was pitch black. The girl lifted her hand and created a flame, showcasing a small amount of light. She noticed at she was in her suit. The white and gold shimmering in the flame light. Madison glanced in all directions, trying to choose which way to go.

It seemed like an empty room, but it was endless. And Madison soon started to move her feet in a random direction. She wanted to fine a wall that she could use in order to find an exit, but after walking for what seemed like hours, there wasn't any wall.

A growl then came from behind Madison. She spun around and let out a scream as she saw one of the monstrous sized aliens from New York fly above her.

The creature sped past her and once Madison turned around to follow it with her eyes, it was gone. The girl took a deep breath to steady her increasing heart rate.

Without looking behind her, Madison took a step back. But her blood ran cold when she felt something sticky latch onto her white boot.

Madison slowly turned around, her heart and mind full of fear. The girl lowered her hand down and saw a small puddle of blood, followed by a trail of more puddles.

She followed the trail without thinking twice, wanting to know if anyone else was out there and if they were okay. After a few minutes of walking, Madison noticed at the puddles began to get slightly bigger and bigger with every step she took.

Eventually Madison stopped walking once she noticed a large pool of it. A body was laying in the middle of it, bleeding profusely. Madison's breath caught in her throat as she took a step closer, stepping into the pool of blood.

The body was wearing a red and blue suit that made Madison's heart stop all together. When she got close enough, she turned the body over and saw their face. It was Peter.

Madison fell backwards, tears filling her eyes as she stared at the body.

Crimson liquid dripped out of his nose and mouth. And his eyes were open and lifeless. Blood was all over Madison's hands as she crawled over to Peter.

She shook him and called out his name. Her voice cracking and wavering every time she spoke. No response came as Peter stared back with his dead expression.

Madison started to sob even more as she held Peter's head in her lap, wishing that he would just say something. But he never did. The girl had no idea what had happened to him, but Peter was laying dead in her arms.

Hot tears streamed down her face as she continued to cry and hold her boyfriend. Then when Madison couldn't take it anymore, she let out a ear piercing scream.

When Madison jolted awake, she felt as if the world had just came crashing down on her. Never in her life had she experienced a nightmare like that. It was always the same one over and over again.

No one was ever in her nightmares expect the voice, but Peter was in this one. And he was dead. The girl felt her heart shatter at the thought. Unable to calm herself down.

The image of Peter lying in a pool of his own blood wouldn't leave her mind. It was so real to her. Even though she knew it wasn't real, she had to be sure.

Madison reached over and grabbed her phone. A few seconds passed by as the phone rang. And then a groggy Peter picked up, "Hello?"

"Peter," Madison whispered, trying to fight back the tears that were falling.

The boy gave a tired yawn, "Maddi, it's three in the morning. Is everything okay?"

"I just... I just needed to hear your voice," Madison choked out, slightly relieved to know he was okay.

She heard some shuffling on the other end of the phone, "Have you been crying? What's wrong?"

Madison let out a weak laugh, "Nothing... I'm fine now."

"Maddi," Peter sighed, "You don't seem fine."

"I just had a bad dream. That's all," Madison stated, taking in a shaky breath.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" Peter asked gently, knowing how Madison got when she had nightmares.

The girl hadn't told Peter about her nightmares, but he had found out the hard way. Madison had been watching a movie on Peter's couch, and she never noticed as she fell asleep. Only to have another terrifying dream. Which led to her screaming and Peter having to wake her up.

That day she had told him about the night terrors. Madison didn't see any reason to keep it from him anymore. Peter understood why she had them. Even though Madison hardly ever talked about them.

She only really had them when she was home. When she was actually asleep. The nightmare that happened with Peter once, and Madison tried to brush it off at first. But Peter wanted to help her, so she gave in a told him.

"It was different this time," Madison spoke.

"Different how? What happened?" Peter questioned.

Madison started to play with her pillow on her bed, "I saw... I saw you."

Peter let out a sigh, "What happened?"

"You were... you were dead," the girl answered, "When I found you, you were dead. And there was nothing I could do."

"It was just a dream, Maddi. I'm perfectly fine," Peter replied in a soothing voice.

Madison felt her whole body relax. Peter seemed to have that affect on her. When ever she felt stressed she would always have him to calm her down. The only other person to ever have that affect was her father.

"I know. I just needed to hear your voice. I'm sorry," Madison stated.

Peter gave a small laugh, "You have nothing to be sorry for. I'm always here for you. But you should probably tell Mr. Stark."

"I will as soon as he gets back from his business trip," the girl agreed, "And are you ever gonna stop calling him 'Mr. Stark'?"

"Nope. I have to show respect for your father," Peter laughed.

Madison let out a giggle herself, instantly feeling better than she had a few minutes ago. Peter was good to her in everyway. And Madison was thankful for him. The girl thought to herself about how right Pepper had been months ago. Peter and Madison were just like her father and Pepper.