𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

Trigger Warning: Slight Anxiety

A few hours had passed and the Avengers were currently gathered around a table. However, Tony was sitting in the back away from everyone else. The Secretary of State, Thaddeus Ross, was standing in front of them. Madison knew that the Secretary was flying back with them, but she had no idea why. The only thing Madison could think of was what had happened earlier that day.

"Five years ago, I had a heart attack," Ross began, "I dropped right in the middle of my backswing. Turned out it was the best round of my life, because after thirteen hours of surgery and a triple bypass... I found something forty years in the Army had ever taught me: perspective."

Ross then looked around the table, "The world owes the Avengers an unpayable debt. You have fought for us, protected us, risked your lives... but while a great many people see you as heroes, there are some... who would prefer the word 'vigilantes'."

Madison started to fiddle with her hands and bite her lip, the same thing she had always done when she became nervous or told a lie. "And what word would you use, Mr. Secretary?" Natasha questioned.

"How about 'dangerous'?" he shot back, "What you call a group of US-based, enhanced individuals who routinely ignore sovereign borders and inflict their will wherever they choose and who, frankly, seem unconcerned about what they leave behind."

The Secretary then turned on a TV that was behind him, "New York." The screen shows gunfire and screaming people. The Hulk smashes into a building, causing debris to fall. Madison flinches at the memories.

"Washington D.C." Ross states as he changes the screen. Three helicarriers are shown. One then crashes to the ground and sends a wave of dust everywhere, eventually blocking out the camera. Madison looks around the table and sees Sam look down, causing her heart to hurt.

"Sokovia," The man says, changing the screen once again. People are running and screaming. An island of land is floating into the air. Building start to fall. Madison stares at the screen, tears filling her eyes. That was the day she officially became an Avenger to the public eye, but the thought of it brought her back to the lady she had met earlier.

"Lagos," Ross explained, making Madison's heart stop. There was the burning building. The one the Madison had created. Paramedics are on the screen, helping people. And then Madison sees it, a dead girl.

Upon looking at the sight of the body on screen, the tears that Madison had been trying to hold in all day began to fall. She quickly covered her face with her hair, not wanting any of the people around her to see the falling drops of water.

Steve then looked at Madison and she makes eye contact with him. He noticed that Madison had started crying, so he intervened, "Okay. That's enough."

Ross glanced at the fifteen year old and nodded his head, "For the past four years, you've operated with unlimited power and no supervision. That's and arrangement the governments of the world can no longer tolerate. But I think we have a solution."

Madison barely paid attention as a thick stack of papers are slid to Wanda. All the woman does is read the name, then she handed it over to Rhodey.

"The Sokovia Accords. Approved by one hundred-seventeen countries. It states that the Avengers shall no longer be a private organization. Instead, they'll operated under the supervision of a United Nations panel, only when and if that panel deems it necessary," Ross explained.

At this Madison stands up and starts to walk out. More tears come down her face as she looks at Ross in the face, hurt visible in her eyes. All the girl does is shake her head. Then Madison practically ran to her bedroom.

When she got there, she shuts her door and locked it within a second. Madison then felt her legs give out as she slumped to the floor. The girl finally let the sobs she had been fighting escape her body.

Her heart shattered as she tried to catch her breath. But flashes of everything flooded her mind. It starts with the woman who's son had died. The burning building and the screaming people in Lagos. The attack on Sokovia. The many times her father had gone missing or almost died. The attack on New York. And finally the memory of how Madison gained her powers surfaced.

Madison gripped onto her chest as she tried to calm down. The world around her was blurry. Her head felt light. The girl stared at the ceiling. She then cried for what seemed like hours.

A knock at her door is what brought Madison back to reality, making her escape the thoughts from her mind for a split second. Madison sniffled as she spoke, "Please go away."

"Come on. It's me Princess," Tony softly spoke.

Madison shook her head even though he couldn't see, "I'm fine."

Tony then gave a sigh, "I know you're not fine. Your heart is off the charts. My necklace is buzzing like crazy."

"I swear, I'm alright. The neckless is wrong," Madison tried.

Tony gave a soft laugh, "Princess, you know that's not true. These were designed and made by you. They are flawless."

"They are far from flawless," the girl corrected.

"Well if you open the door then you can prove it," Tony tried again.

This time Madison complied. However she didn't get up. The burnette simply slid forward and then unlocked her door. As soon as the click sounded the door was opened.

Tony was sitting with his legs crossed, and his hands in his lap. A small, sad smile was on his face, "There's my beautiful Princess."

"I probably have mascara all over my face," Madison huffed, wiping her eyes.

Sure enough black makeup was smeared onto her hand. She gave a sigh as Tony scooched into the room. He closed the door and then pulled Madison into a tight hug. "You may look like a racoon, but that doesn't make you any less beautiful," Tony stated.

Madison let out a breath as she rested her head on her father's chest. A few minute went by and then Madison spoke, "Dad?"

"Yes?" Tony replied, still not letting go of Madison.

"Am I dangerous?" she asked, feeling like a little kid as she said it.

Tony was silent for a moment before he answered, "You're strong. The strongest person I know. And if they find that dangerous, then we will have to prove them wrong."

Madison didn't replied as she hugged her father tightly, believing every word Tony had just said.