𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞

Madison was biting her lip while rocking back and forth on her heals. Listening to the sound of her suit hit the ground. Her unsteadiness was eased slightly as she watched Peter record himself on his phone.

A day had passed and Madison had gotten to know the boy pretty well. She knew is favorite color, blue, and his favorite past time, which he admitting to building things with his best friend, Ned. They talked all night long in his hotel room and watched movies. He was a really cool person, and Madison hoped that after this her and Peter would keep in touch.

They were all at an airport, ready to try and talk to Steve. Madison felt her heart stop once he came walking across a runway towards a helicopter.

The girl watched as her father shot a electric disabler into the machine, causing it to shut down. Madison took that as her cue to fly down and land on the ground. She removed her mask as she stood in between Tony and Rhodey.

"Wow, it's so weird how you run into people in the airport. Don't you think that's weird?" Tony asked, removing his helmet.

Rhodey glanced at the girl's father and agreed, "Definitely weird."

"Hear me out, Tony. That doctor, the psychiatrist, he's behind all of this," Steve tried. Even though he addressed Tony, he was looking at Madison with a pleading look.

Just then the Black Panther, also known as Prince T'Challa from Wakanda, leaps over a truck and looks at Steve, "Captain."

The soldier gives a nod, "Your highness."

"Anyway, Ross gave me thirty-six hours to bring you in. That was twenty-four hours ago. Can you help a brother out," Tony stated, wanting to get this over with.

"You're after the wrong guy," Steve said, trying to reason.

Tony then lost his nerve, "Your judgment is askew. Your old war buddy killed innocent people yesterday."

"And there are five more super soldiers just like him," Steve snapped, "I can't let the doctor find them first, Tony. I can't."

Natasha then stepped into the conversation, "Steve... you know what's about to happen. Do you really want to punch your way out of this one?"

"Please just come with us. If you won't do it for them then do it for me," Madison pleaded.

A few seconds went by and Steve never gave an answer. Tony then rolled his eyes, "All right, I've run out of patience. Underoos!"

Peter came flying through the air. He shot out two webs. One bounded Steve's hands and the other latched onto his shield. Peter then landed on a truck with the shield in his hand.

"Nice job," Madison complemented.

Peter stood up and looked around, "Thanks. Well, I could've stuck the landing a little better. It's just the new suit... Well, it's nothing, Mr. Stark, It's- It's perfect. Thank you."

"Yeah, we don't really need to start a conversation," Tony stated, slightly annoyed by the whole situation.

"Okay," Peter replied softly. He looked at Steve, "Cap... Captain. Big fan, I'm Spider-Man."

Tony nodded his head, "Yeah, we'll talk about it later. Just..."

"Hey everyone," Peter greeted, causing Madison to smile.

"Good job," the girl finished for her father.

Steve gave a nod to Peter, he looked at Tony and spoke, "You've been busy."

"And you've been a complete idiot," the billionaire snapped, "Dragging in Clint. 'Rescuing' Wanda from a place she doesn't even want to leave, a safe place. I'm trying to keep... I'm trying to keep you from tearing the Avengers apart."

"You did that when signed," Steve stated, not showing any emotion towards Tony.

Madison looked at her father as he responded, "Alright, we're done. You're gonna turn Barnes over, you're gonna come with us. Now! Because it's us! Or a squad of J-SOC guys... with no compunction about being impolite."

"Come on," Madison pleaded as Steve looked to the side.

The soldier doesn't respond as he puts his bounded hands up in the air. An arrow flies by and shoots off the webbing. Madison instantly makes her mask reappear and her father covers himself with his helmet.

"Alright, Lang," Steve speaks.

"Hey, guys, something..." Peter tried to say, but someone grew from the shield and kicked him in the face.

Peter flew back and Madison felt her heart start to race, worried that he might be hurt. "Whoa. What- What the hell was that?" Madison asked.

"I believe this is yours, Captain America," the man in the suit said as he gave Steve back his shield.

Madison ran over to Peter, he was crouched on the ground. He looked at her and gave her a thumbs up.

"Oh, great. Alright, there's two on the parking deck. One of them's Maximoff, I'm gonna grab her," Tony said as he flew away, "Rhodey you wanna take Cap?"

Rhodey then looked at another building, "Got two in the terminal, Wilson and Barnes."

"Barnes is mine," T'Challa stated as he began to run away.

Steve threw his shield at Rhodey, knocking him back a few feet but not out of the air.

"Uh, Mr. Stark, what should I do?" Peter asked.

"What we discussed," Tony answered, "Keep your distance, web 'em up."

Peter then left Madison's side and swung away, "Okay copy that."

Madison watched as everyone ran in separate directions. Her feet were frozen and she couldn't move. She was in shock.

Her whole family was fighting with each other. The only people she had in the world were going to get one another killed. And there was nothing she could do.

All Madison wanted as the keep her family together. But that wasn't going to happen. Even though she knew where Steve was coming from, she wanted him to turn himself in. Madison would have fought for him and made him a deal.

But now everything was going to hell, and it was Madison's worse nightmare. She couldn't believe it was happening. Her body stayed still as she watched the fighting go on around her.

The girl didn't want to hurt anyone. However she was moved to action when an explosion went off.