Chapter 28

Katie's POV

I'm still trying to get the hang of this whole mom thing. Melissa seemed to be a natural born mother, but I'm still in training. For instance Bethany had come home from school with a question for us.

"So what's your question?" I smile as I put some groceries away.

"Well, theres this person that I like" she says slowly.

"Do we know this person?" Melissa raises an eyebrow.

Bethany nods. I pause in my activity to look at her.

"Theres no need to be so nervous. Do we get to know who they are?"

"Her names Anna. You saw her at school a few times?" Bethany said quietly.

I remembered that Anna was a shorter girl with dark brown hair, brown eyes and the sweetest thing ever. She was quiet but had always asked to lend a helping hand. By the way she looked at my daughter I knew that she felt the same.

"I remember her. Shes a nice girl. I think you should go for it" I winked. There was a look of shock on Bethanys face and Melissa looked confused as to who we were talking about. "I'll explain it to you later honey."

"You should invite her the next time you come with us to Supergirl" Melissa suggested.

Bethany instantly loved the bring your kids to work day. This instantly perked her up and I smiled.

"Thank you! I'll ask her right now!" She took off toward her room to probably call Anna.

"I cant believe we already have a teenager" I sigh. Melissa pressed a kiss to my temple and wraps an arm around my waist.

"Me neither. I never knew how much I could love a child this much without giving birth to them" my wife laughed.

"Speaking of which" I trailed off. Melissa gave me a look and I smiled sweetly at her.

"Let's call and make an appointment now"she whispers. My knees nearly buckle and I squeal in delight.

"She said that she would come!" Bethany came in grinning.

I looked over to Melissa and we both turned to her in unison. Our daughter froze and looked like a deer caught in headlights.

"We have something to tell you" I bit my lip.

"Your mother and I are going to make an appointment and hopefully in a while you'll have a little sibling" Melissa smiled.

"That's so cool! I'm having a sibling!" Bethany cheered. I giggled and shook my head. "Group hug!"

Bethany pulled us in and for a moment I let myself relish in the feeling of having two of the people I love the most in my arms.

****

Bethany had told us that Anna and her would meet us at the set. I was nearly pacing in my Lena getup when I felt the brush of a particular someones cape behind me.

"Why are you so nervous?" Supergirl whispered in my ear.

"I just want what's best for Bethany. What happens of it doesnt work out between her and Anna? Do I get her ice cream like I do after a breakup or potstickers?" I sigh. The rumble of a laugh behind me made me smile for a second.

"Itll be fine. You're honestly thinking way too into this. Bethany will be fine. You'll see."

I bit my lip for the hundredth time and heard my daughter call out to me.

"Hey, this is Anna. I mean of course you know who she is, but I felt that was the proper thing to do" Bethany rambled. 

To my dismay it wasn't the Anna I was expecting to see. It was the Anna that I had seen at school who was the resident troublemaker. Even now she looked to us with a bored expression on her face that rubbed me the wrong way. I put on a smile and said hello.