Björn opened the door for me and I could sense the woman tense, she already knew what I was, and she didn't like it. She said good-bye to some clients with an amiable smile and wave and, when the shop was empty and only we remained, she turned serious.

"What do you want," she said dryly.

"What's with that tone?"

"Do I have to say it?"

Björn patted my arm, taking over. "We wanted to get some tea," he said, walking around and grabbing some herbs.

"Not tea," I snapped.

He chuckled. "I want some tea," he said, "She might need something stronger."

He set the herbs on the table, I recognized sage. I knew what that was for, secrecy, and I realised what he wanted to do. There was a spell that would protect the room from eavesdropping as long as the sage was burning.

With the flick of his wrist, the sage started to burn, and we had gained five minutes protected from enhanced ears. I looked around to make sure no one was around anyways. Marcel had told him not to do magic on the French Quarter, I was all about breaking rules and pushing buttons, but I didn't know how much we could tease this new version of Marcel, he seemed more dangerous.

"We want some information," he said to the dumbfounded woman, who hadn't expected him to be a witch, "We need to know all you can tell us about the Mikaelsons."

She blinked away her surprise and looked at us. "Why would I tell you?"

"Because you want to be nice?" I offered.

She glared at me.

"We'll pay you," Björn offered.

"I don't need your money," she said.

"What do you need?" I asked.

"Nothing from you," she said.

I sighed exasperatedly. "This is useless, Björn. You risked it for nothing," I said.

"Please," he pleaded to the woman.

"She's a vampire," she argued, "They can't be trusted."

"She's my sister," he confessed and she frowned, looking at me, "I vouch for her."

"What would you want with the Mikaelsons?" she pried.

"We just need to know where they went," he explained.

"Why?"

"Because they're my family," I replied aggravated, but then sighed and tried to plead softer, "Please."

She frowned. Obviously, she didn't know what I was talking about. I clearly wasn't an Original but she didn't know my history. If anything, the name Beyla Mikaelson had died once again back in the 20s.

"I don't know anything," she finally said.

"Oh, gods," I muttered. I wanted to rip her head off. Why were witches always so annoying? "Let's just go."

Björn nodded slightly, disappointed on the woman. He really must have thought she would help.

We were almost at the door when she finally said, "You should try the bayou. The Marshall girl used to hang out with the Mikaelsons. Her pack lives on the bayou."

Björn smiled at her. "Thank you," he said.

I stared at the woman and she stared back, I nodded once and were about to exit when she warned us, "And don't use magic here, kid. Marcel doesn't allow it."