Chapter 30

Jennie POV

"She's awake..."

That's what I heard while I slowly open my eyes. And the first thing I saw is Lisa's face. She was sitting beside my hospital bed holding my hand. She looked haggard and twice as much older than her age.

The flashes of thoughts in my mind that happened was enough to violently pull my hand from her grip. I saw hurt in her eyes. But I did not care, I was hurting more.

"Jennie,sweetie..."  It was my Mom who came near my bed. My eyes were tearing in tears. I saw my Dad on the other side of the room,he's gazing at me with worried eyes. I also looked at Lisa's grandfather sitting on the other side of the room.

Suddenly something came to my mind. I immediately touch my tummy. "M-my... my babies...." I croaked. "Did I ... did I... lose my babies?" I asked as tears started to fall, my face was filled with agony.

I heard Lisa groaned as if,she too was in extreme pain and held my hand again. I didn't withdraw it this time. I don't have strength to pull my hand that she's holding. Then my eyes went to my Mom.

"The babies survive, thank God." Mom said in a broken voice.

I felt relieved that my babies are safe.

My father came near me, He bent and planted a kiss on my forehead. Then he forced a smile that didn't reach his eyes.

"Don't you scare me like that again, Jennie." He said then took a deep breath and gently touche my tummy. Let's be thankful that you and your babies are all safe."

"Yeah." I tried not to show the pain in my voice. I don't want my parents to know what I just discovered from my good-for-nothing wife. I don't want them to blame themselves for what's happening to me and to my marriage life right now. They deserve better than be in this mess with me.

"How's the Kim's Hotel Dad? Is it doing fine now?"

"Yes, sweetheart,thanks to your wife. The merging gives us a lot of benefits. But I don't think it is proper to discuss--"

"It's ok Dad." I cut him off, then my eyes went to Lisa who's still sitting beside my bed. "I'm sure Lisa doesn't mind... after all, this arrangement is nothing but purely business. No emotions involved."

Pain crossed in Lisa's eyes but I was too consumed with anguish to even mind it.

"Sweetheart..." my Dad said in a gentle tone.

"Dad,two years ago you offered me a position in Kim's Hotel in preparation before I fully take over the whole business. Does the offer still stand?"

"Ofcourse,sweetheart---"

"I'm taking it then. After I went out on this hospital, I want to work again." I said firmly. My eyes remained with Lisa, waiting for her to protest to what I said.

"But sweetie the doctor said that you need to rest and work is stressful." It was my Mom who voice out her protests.

"I know my body Mom, I know what I can do and what's not. And even if you don't give me position in our hotel, I will apply on other company. Or better yet, I'll just go back to the runway.... beside I don't have a baby bump yet." I said defiantly. I slightly gaze at Lisa, I saw nothing in her eyes except bitterness.

My Mom eyes widened to what I said then quickly turned to Lisa."Lisa, talk to your wife and put some sense into her mind." mom said.

I gave her a look, challenging her to stop me from the things I want to do.

The moment we stared at each other, she's the first one to give up.

She sighed."If you want a job, I'll give you one in MC."