Chapter 33

Jennie POV

I was tossing and turning in my bed. I can't sleep because my mind was filled with Lisa and the bomb that her so-called brother just dropped. All his revelations brought me a lot of questions. But I don't have the guts to asked Lisa. And what's worst, I am thinking that maybe I was wrong to judge her and didn't let her explained her side.

Ugh! All these thoughts stressing me out and it's bad for my babies!

I look at the digital clock that sits on the bedside table. It's already past 12.

It's already late. I didn't noticed that I was tossing and turning in bed for such time.

I could not bear it anymore so I quickly decided and stood up. It's now or never. I can't even sleep until I cannot do everything.

I went out of the guest room and went straight to the other room. Good thing her door was not locked so I came in silent. The familiar scent of Lisa welcomed me as I entered her room. I felt like I was digging up but I had to endure it.

What's with her scent that I always made me want to vomit? I always love her scent before.

I continued quietly as my eyes wandered across the room. Her bed is empty, but I can't help but smile when I saw my close up photograph on her bedside table. One of my pictures that she took during our trip to Italy. I did not know she had it framed.

I was about to come out again thinking that maybe she was downstairs when I heard something broken on the porch. I quickly walked up to it and still surprised when I found it. Lisa was sitting down on the flooring,on her hand was a broken glass of wine and to my horror... there's a trace of blood on her fingers.

"Lisa, what the hell-" I quickly came to her and took the broken glass from her hand.

"What are you doing here? You should sleep now, it's late. Bad for the babies." She said with a dreamy eyes. It looks like she cried because her eyes is still swollen and reddish.

"It's not good to get drunk also. And what have you done, for god's sake." Why this glass is broken? And why the hell you have blood on your hand?" My voice slightly become high because I'm so worried.

"It's just slipped in my hand. Then I picked it up--". She answered nonchalantly, while her head is still leaning in the rail of the balcony.

"You picked it up?! Oh, how stupid can you get?! Don't you know it's broken?! Now, you're hand is bleeding!" I exclaimed in annoyance. She just smile and I can't help but rolled my eyes. Obviously, she's drunk and whatever I said she will not understand. "Come on, get up. We have to fix that,maybe it has broken glass inside the wound." I put her arm on my shoulder and my hand on her waist the tried to held her up. But because she's drunk I can't pulled her up. The blood is dripping on her hand, I became more worried. "Lisa, you have to help yourself. I can't pulled you up." I told her.

"Wifey, I'm fine here. Just go back to sleep." She murmured.

"No, I can't just leave you here. I will not go inside, I will stay here with you. Lisa, I'm pregnant remember. And if something bad happen to our babies, it's your fault. Because of you getting drunk." Suddenly I felt like crying because of helplessness. My hormones kicking again and god, it sucks!

I saw her slowly frowning, maybe she saw that I was about to cry.

"Ok, Im getting up. Just... just please don't cry, ok? I hate seeing you cry." She said softly. And then she slowly stood up. I tried to help her "I'm good... I'm good, I can." She's resisting my hand that's holding her arm.

"No, I'll help you. Come on, let's get inside."

"I can." She insisted.

"Really? You're drunk and you almost lost your balance. What if you fall?" I asked, arching one brows. It's just a little bit late and my patience is gone.