Chapter 6

Jennie POV

I glance at my Cartier wristwatch, fifteen minutes before eight o'clock. I was in the middle of a heavy and there's no way I could reach MC on time.

Fuck this traffic!

I was forced to wake up early... 8am, that's breaking the record considering that I do not get up 'til the clock hits eleven. I am a night person and it suits perfectly fine with my line of work in New York. Well, not until today where I need to do some babysittjng with "the high and mighty" Lalisa Manoban.

Why she still needs an assistant when she already have a secretary? What us she, some kind of a celebrity? If I know, she just wanted to show off. Damn her and her money!

I couldn't contain my irritation so I decided to turn on my car's stereo, just to lessen up my raging emotions. I searched for a good radio station and after a few flipping, I decided to settle in some station where in Dua Lipa song was playing. I held the volume up, not minding the other car's beside me who is now looking on my side because of the loud noise coming from my radio.

The hell I care! I said to myself while increasing the volume and make a duet of my favorite song with Dua Lipa.

I stuck in the traffic almost 1 hour and because of that I feel that I look wasted so I need to freshen up. When I reached MC Building I didn't go straight to the big boss office, instead I went straight to the restroom just to freshen up.

I took one last glance at the mirror and smiled at my own reflection.

You can do this Jennie! You were born a fighter and today is just like any other day. Just wear you best smile and bring it!

"Yeah, I can do this!" I said loudly agreeing to my thoughts.

I wear my sweetest smile while walking towards the office of the CEO. I knocked many times in big boss office but no one is opening so I decided to open it by myself and enter.

I saw Lalisa talking to her phone and quickly frown when she saw me.

I sat on the chair in front of her table,same one that I used yesterday and waited for her until she's done talking to whoever it is in the other line.

After a few minutes, I heard her bid goodbye and put her phone down on her table. With grim face she turned to me.

"I'm s--." I was about to utter my apology for arriving late but then she cut me off.

"Do you know what time is it Miss Kim?" She asked in a formidable manner.

I quickly glance at my wristwatch.

"Ten twenty five...?" I said, suddenly became unsure of myself.

"Ten twenty five." She repeated. "Do you know what time the employee's go to work here?"

"I don't know. Nine, nine thirty?" I shrugged my shoulders.

"Eight, eight o'clock Miss Kim. And you're more than two hours late." She answer firmly. "Do you know that even me I never come to the company late. But you, you came to work late than the owner of this company...ten in the morning!? where did you see an assistant who arrived late than her boss and for Pete's sake almost two hours late?"

"Well,you should blame the traffic--"

"That's not an acceptable reason Miss Kim."

"And why not? You know it is a very valid reason considering that we're here in Seoul where traffic is just an ordinary thing."

She cut me off when I was trying to explain. Just like what she did when I was trying to apologize. That's already twice today and I'm starting to get pissed.